Author Topic: Exclusive Stories for Forumites (or "The I <3 Escape Artists Thread!")  (Read 108742 times)

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
I'm by nature a lurker, and due to my erratic listening schedule I live in constant fear of committing thread necromancy... but may I sign up as well?

Reach not beyond the borders of life, or the Wardens will come to cut off your head...

Thread necromancy is perfectly fine, despite the red warning text.  In fact, when for a story comments thread, it is heartily encouraged.  The only thing that is frowned upon is digging up an old religion vs. science debate (or something like that) and trying to light a spark under it.

I can confirm this.  If the punishment for thread necromancy were beheading, then I would have, oh, negative several-hundred heads by now.  And, then I'd be roaming the countryside looking for heads to take from other people.  Judging by the lack of headless people in Minnesota's countryside, I think you're safe.

Am I the only person on this thread to have read any Dresden Files? Jeez...

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

jjtraw

• Palmer
I'd like to be in on this too, please! :)

malaclypse

• Extern
Not sure if I've ever successfully posted anything here. God knows I've tried, anyway. Stories, please?

ajames

• Lochage
Great idea! Sign me up please!

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice

Nope.

washer

• Palmer
Gimme a story and I promise I'll be awesomer.

Nixelplix

• Extern
I'll do ANYTHING for more stories!!!!! ;)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
I'm by nature a lurker, and due to my erratic listening schedule I live in constant fear of committing thread necromancy... but may I sign up as well?

Reach not beyond the borders of life, or the Wardens will come to cut off your head...

Thread necromancy is perfectly fine, despite the red warning text.  In fact, when for a story comments thread, it is heartily encouraged.  The only thing that is frowned upon is digging up an old religion vs. science debate (or something like that) and trying to light a spark under it.

I can confirm this.  If the punishment for thread necromancy were beheading, then I would have, oh, negative several-hundred heads by now.  And, then I'd be roaming the countryside looking for heads to take from other people.  Judging by the lack of headless people in Minnesota's countryside, I think you're safe.

I have not read any Dresden Files.  Why, do they reveal headless hordes in the Minnesota countryside?

falconesse

• Peltast
    • L'esprit d'escalier
On my to-do list all this week:  "Comment on a story and the I <3 Escape Artists Thread before the 30th!"  Except, I'm really, really good at forgetting my to-do lists even exists.  So it was a relief to hear that we had a little longer to post.  Look at me go, posting, um, early in the late batch?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
I have not read any Dresden Files.  Why, do they reveal headless hordes in the Minnesota countryside?

No, but there is a zombie dinosaur at one point.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
SRSLY?

I really need to give those books another shot sometime. (In my infinite amount of free-reading time...)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Yeah you do. Don't be put off by the first book in the series - I was, at first. They get much better, and then they get awesome. :)  (although I confess Butcher still has writing quirks that irritate me. I am willing to forgive them though because I love the series).

Melsana

• Extern
Took me a while to get to this cause I'm always in the car when I hear the notice, and then forget by the time I'm back in front of my computer.

So I finally made a post (http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=4411.msg79470#msg79470) and would love to get more stories to listen to during my commute.

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Took me a while to get to this cause I'm always in the car when I hear the notice, and then forget by the time I'm back in front of my computer.

I have this problem with a few of the podcasts I listen to.  Probably just as well, though, or I'd never get anything done.  :D

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Yeah you do. Don't be put off by the first book in the series - I was, at first. They get much better, and then they get awesome. :)  (although I confess Butcher still has writing quirks that irritate me. I am willing to forgive them though because I love the series).

I think it takes about three books for him to hit his stride. But yeah, then they do get awesome!!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
I like books 2-4, despite the Susan.  Then books 5-6 have entire too goddamn much Susan and Susan-related nonsense in them.  Then book 7 picks up again.

I really, really hate Susan. 

lil n

• Extern
very glad I got caught up on podcastle in time for this; yes please, extra stories please and thanks so much!

icegirl

• Palmer
I would love to have some extra stories for the winter season!

I hope this isn't too much procrastination to qualify - I have been subscribing to Escape Pod via PayPal since the second time I listened if that counts!

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience

If you cross a line, the wizard secret police show up and chop off your head. No trial. No second chances (usually).

And I kinda like Susan.

And yeah, Butcher's got some quirks. Subconscious Harry never really did it for me, and the use of the "[BODY PART OR OBJECT] of [SUPERLATIVE] [COLOR OR MATERIAL]" construction (ie. eyes of the palest blue, coat of the finest silk, etc.) - as opposed to the more straightforward "[SUPERLATIVE] [COLOR OR MATERIAL] [BODY PART OR OBJECT] (ie. deeply blue eyes, fine silk coat, etc) - kind of annoys me. Actually, a lot of annoys me. But I like everything else.

Polka will never die.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

echosong

• Extern
Hi  I have never posted before pls excuse my lack of skill.
The offer to have 14 exclusive stories is to much temptation for me not to try.
Pls advise me if this post about the best stories and the best hosts is enough.
You guys rock/ and cast the spell of imagination. May the muses always smile upon your team
I listen to the echo's of your song.
Echosong/ singer

Ephemera

• Extern
Thank you for the offer of extra PseudoEscapeCastle stories.  It has inspired me to forum-ulate an account and join the fun.  Do the folks at Podcastle have a special "spell" checker for this fourm?

E

Irioth

• Extern
Well, I did it. I signed up and became a forum member. Dave, thanks for extending the deadline. I've been so busy with my new business, that late in the day, the last thing I want to do is one more computer task. With the extension, I knew I either had to sign up or quit hoping I would.

I'm really looking forward to extra stories. A big thanks to you (plural) for writing them, reading them, getting them ready, and sending them out.

Sincerely,

Marc

Mr. Bunny

• Extern
Okay, fairly lame that I've been lurking here for lo these many moons and am making my first post in the "gimme freebies" thread. But here I am...

MCWagner

• Wins
  • Hipparch
Oh!  Crud!  Am I too late?  I'd like the stories as well, please...

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Not too late - I extended the deadline until Oct. 8. Hrm...now can't remember if I updated the original post, though. Gonna go check...