Author Topic: Ten  (Read 6293 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:00 AM
Ten

By Tina Connolly
Read by Tina Connolly

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 01:27:47 AM
I laughed out loud when I realized what this was.  It is the most poetic description I've ever seen of a Pong game.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:45:51 AM
Ah hah. Thanks. I didn't get it until you pointed it out. :p Awesome.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:50:42 AM
My problem with this story is that it WAS trying to be more than just a poetic description of a Pong game, but it didn't do a good job, because I don't really know what the message above and beyond the Pong game was.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:19 PM
I think the point was the paddle was searching to become more than what it was and it found that to some degree with the arrival of the ball. I'd have to listen again to be sure. I liked the story, but knew I was missing something, now that I "get" it I like it even more.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 01:43:55 PM
I laughed out loud when I realized what this was.  It is the most poetic description I've ever seen of a Pong game.

How many other poetic descriptions of Pong games have you heard?  Cuz I wanna read them too.  :)

This was fun.  The thing I love about flash is that you can take a silly idea, like anthropomorphizing a Pong paddle, and develop a quick story around it without wearing out the premise.  Thousands of words of a talking Pong paddle would be too much, several hundred is just right.  And I've got a soft spot for video games, much like the Mario flash tribute that's run on Podcastle.  They're just plain fun.  :)