Author Topic: Memoriam  (Read 5747 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: October 29, 2010, 04:56:30 PM
Memoriam

by Rachel Swirsky

Read by Dave Thompson

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:13:18 AM
I'm not clear on why the MC decides not to write the story the witches saw in his head. Just because the witches wanted him to write it, doesn't mean the story was evil. I saw nothing in the behaviour of the witches that indicated anything like that.    ???

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:07 AM
I'm not clear on why the MC decides not to write the story the witches saw in his head. Just because the witches wanted him to write it, doesn't mean the story was evil. I saw nothing in the behaviour of the witches that indicated anything like that.    ???

They were fairly intimidating, and he knew that the story came from a place of loss and pain.  Think about what the witches told him about his sister's death and what kind of story might grow from that kind of sentiment...

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:28:35 AM

They were fairly intimidating, and he knew that the story came from a place of loss and pain.  Think about what the witches told him about his sister's death and what kind of story might grow from that kind of sentiment...

"might grow" not must grow.
I guess I am just an optimist. I assume you can always turn anything around to be positive...

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:32:49 PM
Interesting turn in a muse meets the writer story.  Generally the writer cannot resist and takes the chance for good or ill.  I think this is the first time the writer just heads for the hills, throwing down his pen.