Author Topic: Highest Number of Posts  (Read 14988 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: November 19, 2010, 04:39:24 PM
It appears that I've posted more than anyone except for stePh, passing up even DKT.  Not that that was my goal or anything, just a useless bit of trivia for ya.   ;D  Ooh, a no-prize!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:45:55 PM by Unblinking »

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:22:56 PM
Bah. Once you pass me in days logged in, then I'll congratulate you.  ;D

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:24 PM
The real measure of a forumite is the number of topics started.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:05 PM
I'll surpass you some day, Unblinking.

This post has nothing to do with that goal ;). The no-prize will be mine!

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:01:36 PM

In which case, I am proud to say I have both Unblinking and ElectricPaladin beat, and even edged out Dave by a bit.

I must tip my hat to you, though.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 12:25:08 AM
I would just like to note that I, at least, have never participated in postcount-boosting activities such as the Picture Thread.  Ya pack of cheaters.

iamafish

• Matross
    • Thoughts from a Fish Bowl
Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:14:58 AM
one day I'll catch up to you regulars (if I decide to stick around, which I probably will)

you can continue comparing e-penises now.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:33:55 AM
It appears that I've posted more than anyone except for stePh, passing up even DKT.  Not that that was my goal or anything, just a useless bit of trivia for ya.   ;D  Ooh, a no-prize!

You got a prize.
Congratulations, Sir Postsalot :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 02:58:49 PM
I would just like to note that I, at least, have never participated in postcount-boosting activities such as the Picture Thread.  Ya pack of cheaters.

Ha, that's true.  I did frequent that thread for a while, which would've been cheating if I'd had any particular goal in mind.  :P  Then I got a computer virus with an unknown source and decided that maybe I should stay away from Google image searches where I was getting most of my entries, at least for a little while!

In that case I am an utter failure as a forumite!!  I've probably started less than a dozen topics, as most of my posts are in the EA story discussions, which is what I really hang around for.  :)  But I already got my no-prize in the mail and I'm not sending it back, suckers!  Mwahahahahahahaha!

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 04:21:04 PM

In that case I am an utter failure as a forumite!!  I've probably started less than a dozen topics, as most of my posts are in the EA story discussions, which is what I really hang around for.  :)  But I already got my no-prize in the mail and I'm not sending it back, suckers!  Mwahahahahahahaha!

My selection of that metric was in no way self-serving.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 04:36:33 PM

In that case I am an utter failure as a forumite!!  I've probably started less than a dozen topics, as most of my posts are in the EA story discussions, which is what I really hang around for.  :)  But I already got my no-prize in the mail and I'm not sending it back, suckers!  Mwahahahahahahaha!

Starting story threads doesn't count anyway.  Those are a part of the sacred duty and obligation of the moderator, and must not be counted toward any manner of scorekeeping, for they do not reflect the will of the poster, but the will of the forum.   ;D

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 04:49:26 PM
It appears that I've posted more than anyone except for stePh, passing up even DKT.  Not that that was my goal or anything, just a useless bit of trivia for ya.   ;D  Ooh, a no-prize!

You got a prize.
Congratulations, Sir Postsalot :P

Ha!  It took me a while to note my new avatar text.  I had occasionally wondered how those were made (but never quite enough to post a question).  I like it.   :D

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 02:00:00 AM

In that case I am an utter failure as a forumite!!  I've probably started less than a dozen topics, as most of my posts are in the EA story discussions, which is what I really hang around for.  :)  But I already got my no-prize in the mail and I'm not sending it back, suckers!  Mwahahahahahahaha!

Starting story threads doesn't count anyway.  Those are a part of the sacred duty and obligation of the moderator, and must not be counted toward any manner of scorekeeping, for they do not reflect the will of the poster, but the will of the forum.   ;D

So discounting everyone who has a sacred duty to post episode discussion topics - I'm the biggest topic starter on the boards!

...polls do count, right?   ???

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:45:42 AM
I would just like to note that I, at least, have never participated in postcount-boosting activities such as the Picture Thread.  Ya pack of cheaters.

HEY! That's some legitimate fun right there...

The fact that it boosts my post count never entered my mind.

(What do I care anyway? I'm way behind youse all :-)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 05:44:42 AM

Lingering resentment from a lengthy time I spent on a forum where postcount was, in fact, a significant measure of respect (as it had a constant influx of newbies who burnt out rapidly, so the Old Guard was a bit of an elite group) and which contained THREE ongoing thread games which basically did nothing but boost your postcount.  I was still one of the top posters despite never participating in those threads, and I have a knee-jerk snobbishness reaction to them.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 01:27:43 AM
I should have said:

The fact that it boosts my post count never entered my mind. ;-)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:09 AM
It appears that I've posted more than anyone except for stePh, passing up even DKT.  Not that that was my goal or anything, just a useless bit of trivia for ya.   ;D  Ooh, a no-prize!
What WHAT? How did I end up with the highest post-count? I had no idea I was even near the top. Actually, the slightest thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 03:25:50 AM

Lingering resentment from a lengthy time I spent on a forum where postcount was, in fact, a significant measure of respect (as it had a constant influx of newbies who burnt out rapidly, so the Old Guard was a bit of an elite group) and which contained THREE ongoing thread games which basically did nothing but boost your postcount.  I was still one of the top posters despite never participating in those threads, and I have a knee-jerk snobbishness reaction to them.

Ah, I'd never heard of a forum where highest postcount actually carried any merit.  Twas just a fun and useless fact for me.  :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 03:26:59 AM
So discounting everyone who has a sacred duty to post episode discussion topics - I'm the biggest topic starter on the boards!

...polls do count, right?   ???

I'd say they count, because you are not duty-bound to post the polls.  :)  Does that mean you're a poll-cat?  EDIT:  Just noticed your title already says that.   :D

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
Holy living frak, I'm on top by over four hundred. Guess it's time to duck out for a while.

AW CRAP this just added one to my post count!  >:(

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 06:44:10 PM
Holy living frak, I'm on top by over four hundred. Guess it's time to duck out for a while.

<laugh>

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

iamafish

• Matross
    • Thoughts from a Fish Bowl
Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 05:58:29 AM

I think you just summed up this entire thread

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:30 PM

I think you just summed up this entire thread

I'm more in line with the dude in American Pie 2 (the lacrosse player who joined the glee club; I've forgotten his name)... "you don't keep count, and you laugh at people who do."

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 07:39:17 AM
I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now!
You all are tooo funny :D