Author Topic: Chrono Trigger and why we love it (from EP267: Planetfall)  (Read 14767 times)

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 09:33:18 PM
My two cents, and I realize how old the topic is - it's timeless.

For me, Chrono Trigger gave me the same kind of feeling as Metroid. I wanted to continue, and learn more about this world I was exploring. I didn't feel like I was reading a book, and I didn't feel like I was in front of a TV with a controller. Instead, I felt like I was entirely wrapped up in this little world, and nothing else mattered much until it was finished. I still have a feeling of wanting to know more about the physics and other laws governing that world, and I want to know more about each character. It retains its feeling of mattering for much longer than the game itself is around. Metroid was similar for me in that it caused me to want to be an anthropologist (studying now).

Nny

• Extern
Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 06:48:54 PM
All this and no mention of the fantastic music?
is it too late to fire this thread back up?
the music was always my favorite. magus' castle, queen zeal's palace I loved especially. had that as a ringtone for a while.

CT was the first rpg I ever played on snes. I played through so many times, varying as much as could to get a different end result. I loved the idea of leaving something in a chest in the pastries have it more valuable in the future. I think im gonna pull it up on my emulator now...