Author Topic: A Hugo for Escape Pod  (Read 3114 times)

malaclypse

• Extern
on: January 05, 2011, 03:15:40 AM
I have my Hugo nomination ballot here. What category should I nominate Escape Pod for?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:27 AM
It is the firm belief of me and Mur that we are a semiprozine for Hugo purposes.

We're currently paying authors rates that will qualify us for SFWA pro market recognition if we can get the funds to do it for a full year, and we get in the tens of thousands of downloads for each and every episode.  Though, yes, that does not quite the press run of at least a 1,000 copies thing, as we do not ever print out our pub. That rule needs to be clarified for the modern era, even if it's just establishing equivalencies (e.g., one print copy = 10 epub downloads = 30 website hits). So if we need to tick a second box for rules purposes, this is me announcing in a public place that we are a "semiprozine".

Thanks for thinking of us,
--Bill

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:10:08 PM
I would love to see EP be nominated and win.  I've never paid the membership to be able to vote, but I think I might this year.