Author Topic: If your website's full of assholes, it's your fault  (Read 9468 times)

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 10:44:08 PM
People here were generally pretty civilized even before the One Rule to rule them all.
I didn't even know one had been instituted. When was that?

27-01-2010. The One Rule.
OOooohh, right. I remember that now. IIRC, the instance that precipitated The One Rule happened while I was not active on the boards. So in my solo experience here, the One Rule hasn't even been needed. Which is a testament to how awesome the people here are. I may get distracted from coming here as often as I would like, but, because of the people here, I will always come back.

eytanz

Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:55 PM
I have to agree; I always felt that the people here were great, and after nearly a year as a moderator, it's become even more apparent - if it wasn't for the constant stream of spambots, moderating these forums would be a very hands-off job.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 12:17:59 AM
OOooohh, right. I remember that now. IIRC, the instance that precipitated The One Rule happened while I was not active on the boards. So in my solo experience here, the One Rule hasn't even been needed.

I came on just a little before that and there were some... questionable... incidents. And, to be honest, I was a little too "I'm a straight-out kinda guy and I'll just say whatever I think" myself -- sometimes, I had little consideration how my words came across.

Which is a testament to how awesome the people here are. I may get distracted from coming here as often as I would like, but, because of the people here, I will always come back.

And, see, that exact reason is why I posted this thing in the first place, and why I love hanging out here.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 02:40:12 PM
People here were generally pretty civilized even before the One Rule to rule them all.

...except that the post you link two mentions and cites two rules.  ;D

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 04:11:46 PM

...except that the post you link two mentions and cites two rules.  ;D

Our one weapon is fear. Fear and surprise.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 08:11:49 PM

...except that the post you link two mentions and cites two rules.  ;D

That's the One Rule to Rule Them All.  There are other, minor rules.  We also have Three Rules for the Elven Lords - but they need not concern you.

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 04:41:39 PM
I love geek humor!  ;D

Spindaddy

• Peltast
  • Small god of doughnuts
Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 08:43:42 PM

...except that the post you link two mentions and cites two rules.  ;D

That's the One Rule to Rule Them All.  There are other, minor rules.  We also have Three Rules for the Elven Lords - but they need not concern you.
Elves and their damn rule of 3!

I'm not evil. I'm corporate.