Author Topic: Notifications aren't working  (Read 3696 times)

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
on: April 24, 2011, 06:52:47 AM
At least not for me. I no longer receive any notifications if someone posts after me on a topic. This has been going on for many months. There's a really old thread from last summer saying the same kind of thing, but it's still happening for me. Is it JUST me or is it everyone?

When I click on the "Notifiy" button, my browser pops up "Are you sure you want to TURN NOTIFICATION OFF for this topic?" so I'm fairly sure I'm SUPPOSED to be getting them, and I have notifications turned on in my profile, and the email address I have used is spelled right, works, is active, and receives email when I send test messages to it. (That should cover the majority of the LNATK errors. :))

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:02:50 AM
Unfortunately that's been the case for a while. I can't remember where in the forums that's come up but my (possibly faulty) recollection is that it has. Synopsis: ain't nothing you can do about it. :-\

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:12:13 PM
Something is wrong with the email faculty of the server/forums/whatever.  Same thing when people register, which is why we have no email confirmation for new members.  There are many many errors in the forum log all saying that it can't email people.  I have no idea why, or how to fix it, nor do I know if anyone knows how to fix it :P  I think we are mostly just waiting for the next version of SMF to come out which should hopefully fix most if not all of the bugs.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:29:23 PM
We're aware of the issue and trying to fix it.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.