Author Topic: Address Bar Issue  (Read 4521 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:52 AM
Weird thing, y'all.  When I manually type in "forums.escapeartists.net," it takes me to Escape Pod's main blog site, not the forums.  Anyone have any idea why?  (Bookmarks still work normally.)

iamafish

• Matross
    • Thoughts from a Fish Bowl
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 01:01:26 PM
getting the same problem (i use bookmarks anyway, just wanted to check to see if it was a common problem, not just a scattercat one)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:05:26 PM
I found out about it at work (where obv. I don't have my bookmarks) and tested it at home, so if it's just me, it's following me...

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:00:49 PM
I seem to be able to pull it up fine when I type "forum" but when you add the "s" - yeah, same thing.

Weird.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 04:53:56 PM
Since the move to the different server, when you type in a page that doesn't actually exist, it'll take you to the blog.  forums.escapeartists.net doesn't exist, but forum.escapeartists.net does.  It defaults and just takes you to escapeartists.net when it can't find the page.
I remember at one point somewhat recently the forums were down and they kept redirecting me to pseudopod.org.  :D

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 07:35:44 PM
It's probably worthwhile to create a forums.escapeartists.net page that redirects to the forum, as that is a relatively easy mistake to make.