Author Topic: Elektrubadur: New Swedish short story podcast  (Read 5250 times)

bkhl

• Extern
    • Elektrubadur (the short story podcast in Swedish)
on: June 16, 2011, 09:42:04 PM
I have just launched a new short story podcast ("novellnätradioprogram", kallar jag det) in Swedish. Our first story is "Norrlandsproblematiken" ("The Norrland Problem"). A collective existential chrisis has caused the north of Sweden to be abandoned, and a philosopher specializing in metaphysics is sent from the university town of Uppsala to investigate and find a solution.

I didn't really intend to try and make a big splash right at the beginning, but rather start slow. However, some other people tipped of Old Media, and I've done interviews and answered e-mail press questions all day long. I hope that's a sign for the future.

I know Escape Artists have a lot of listeners in Sweden, and these podcasts are among my main inspirations, so it seemed appropriate to make an announcement here.

We won't do translations as a rule, since one of the points is to open up a new (though for the moment non-paying) market for short stories in Swedish, a somewhat languishing field. However, this Saturday we are doing a live group reading of Elizabeth Bear's "Tideline" (EP Episode 155) in translation, at Eurocon, where she is a GoH. It may show up as a podcast bonus episode if we can pull off a reasonable recording. (Zoom H1 FTW).

Don't know Swedish? Learn. If you don't want to, but want to know more about the podcast anyway for some reason, feel free to ask here.

Oh, yes, the whole thing is here: http://elektrubadur.se/

eytanz

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:52:21 PM
I'm afraid I don't speak any Swedish, so I won't be listening, but good luck with the new podcast! The world needs more story podcasts in languages other than English.

bkhl

• Extern
    • Elektrubadur (the short story podcast in Swedish)
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:55:10 PM
I know I'm the first one in Swedish, but I realized I have no idea when a journalist asked me today what other languages there are similar podcasts in. Does anyone know of any?