Author Topic: Pseudopod 222: Terrible Lizard King  (Read 16393 times)

Balu

Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 10:13:57 PM
Never let it be said that I do not listen to requests.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

Nice to see modern history reflected in a story too.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:18:55 PM by Balu »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:45 AM

I was thinking about this one through most of the story.  :)

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 11:34:39 AM
Always with the Calvin and Hobbes. :-)

And why not?

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 02:08:37 PM
A truly great, fun story, perfectly introduced and closed in true Alasdare fashion.

wingodzilla

• Palmer
Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:03 AM
It really had a childhood feel about it. When I was a kid I was afraid of something coming up the toilet and getting me. Funny I forgot about that until the story. Well done!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them. ~ Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:25 AM
It really had a childhood feel about it. When I was a kid I was afraid of something coming up the toilet and getting me.

Mostly I was afraid of the water splashing me when a toilet was flushed. It clashed with my desire to be an amateur ablutionologist -- which is a nice way of saying "I made my grandma take me to the bathroom everywhere I went because I wanted to see what kind of toilet they had".

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:10 PM
It really had a childhood feel about it. When I was a kid I was afraid of something coming up the toilet and getting me. Funny I forgot about that until the story. Well done!

I didn't have that fear as a child.  But I did for a long time after reading Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher".

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 09:19:43 PM
Always with the Calvin and Hobbes. :-)

And why not?
Calvin and Hobbes has long been an undue influence on my mind...

wingodzilla

• Palmer
Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:06 PM
It really had a childhood feel about it. When I was a kid I was afraid of something coming up the toilet and getting me.

Mostly I was afraid of the water splashing me when a toilet was flushed. It clashed with my desire to be an amateur ablutionologist -- which is a nice way of saying "I made my grandma take me to the bathroom everywhere I went because I wanted to see what kind of toilet they had".

I can't blame you for being afraid of toilet water! My mother use to say that I always had to use the bathroom where ever I went. I think I just wanted to check the bathrooms out as well!

Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them. ~ Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #34 on: January 01, 2012, 12:31:40 PM
Just resurrecting the thread for my own story to note that this tale is now available in print at Allegory E-zine!  Now you can really soak up all the nuances of the writing at your leisure.  I'm sure I put some nuances in there somewhere.

justenjoying

• Peltast
Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 04:04:06 AM
Let me just say I'm a Preschool teacher and in love with dinosaurs. This was a great story fo the kid in all of us. I especially enjoyed the tie in to the real world to show us it is truly all about preseption. I would love to read this to my class.