Author Topic: Metacast - TRIO OF TERROR! promo  (Read 4016 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: December 10, 2011, 08:48:07 PM
Metacast - TRIO OF TERROR! promo

Now available to all subscribers - check your email boxes for an early Christmas gift from Pseudopod - links to three new stories in our ongoing series. It’s the TRIO OF TERROR and it is yours if you’re a subscriber to any Escape Artists podcast OR have made a one-time donation of $50 dollars or more since January 1, 2011 (or if you choose to do so in the immediate future - hint, hint….)

Offer WILL expire at a future date, just like all of us… or some of us…

What are you getting for your hard-earned dollars, you ask? I’m glad you did! How about…

“The Yellow Curse” by Grady Hendrix, in which our (self) esteemed and elitist occult investigating Gentleman’s club, The White Street Society (only pedigrees need apply) delve into the heathen underbelly of Chinatown and uproot madness. Horrific comedy satire with a serrated edge! Click his name to visit his website and check out Amazon and other digital book spots for his ebook SATAN LOVES YOU.

“”Chinatown suffers,’ he declared. ‘Rumors of war. A mysterious artifact. Something stolen in the night. Adventure calls. And I answer with a merry cry on my lips and my cane in my hand. Come, William! Prepare yourself for sights beyond the ken of mortal man! For we go now to solve…. THE YELLOW CURSE!‘”

“The Shooting Way” by Jim Bihyeh, featuring a further exploration into the horrors of Native American mythology and the schemes of the legendary trickster god, Coyote. His memoir, NAVAJOS WEAR NIKES, about life on the Navajo Reservation, was released in spring 2011 and was praised for its “wit and keen observation” by the Arizona Daily Sun and for its “consummate storytelling” by New Mexico Magazine. It was recently released in paperback and is a New Mexico Book Award finalist this year. Look for it at Amazon.com, Alibris.com and check out the Facebook page for the book and the NAVAJOS WEAR NIKES group . “The green eyes had belonged to an owl. Skinwalkers – yee naaldloshíí – were shape-shifters, and traveled as night animals to keep their business secret. And it had been bad business for auntie Bonita since August. Four cows had died in the last two weeks, bucking and groaning while they foamed at the mouth, as though they’d eaten the purple-flowering locoweed that grew in the flat stretches of desert. But Bonita swore they’d never grazed over it. Something must have fed it to them.”

“Nourished By Chaff, We Believe The Glamor” by Tim W. Burke, wherein an associate of the eternally ambitious Guru Keresh must deal with an old plaything and an even older playmate! Click his name to check out Tim’s blog. His novel THE MAD EARL’S HOMECOMING is available on Amazon, as is my short story collection PENSIVE CREATURES.

“Then I remembered something I had told the ladies: good spirits want to nurture love for all; selfish ones want to divide us all.

Show-Show’s eyes had a dark gleam I hadn’t remembered before.

Grasping at Alecsandri’s questions, I asked, ‘Those boys…in Mobile…at the warehouse. What did you do with them?’

‘They didn’t want to go away to the military academy. They wanted to be pirates. So I took them to their pirate ship.’

‘Show-Show, what have you become?’”

If you’re new to Pseudopod, or have missed any of the previous stories in these series, rest assured each of these tales is free-standing… and if they pique your interest, please check out these download links to the previous installments!

THE COYOTE TALES by Jim Bihyeh

Pseudopod 159: Reservation Monsters
    Pseudopod 167: Love Like Thunder
    Pseudopod 182: The Dreaming Way

THE WHITE STREET SOCIETY by Grady Hendrix

Pseudopod 76: Tales of the White Street Society
    Pseudopod 131: Tales of the White Street Society - The Corpse Army of Khartoum

THE SAGA OF GURU KERESH by Tim W. Burke

Pseudopod 127: The Garden and the Mirror
    Pseudopod 198: The Mother and the Worm

Merry Christmas from Pseudopod… we’ll keep the lights off for ya!

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 03:42:21 PM
Were all the notifications sent out already? I didn't get anything in my mailbox, nor in my spam folder.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:55:26 PM
Donation sent - thanks for the reminder.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:08:05 AM
I just got my test email, so they should be going out soon.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:33:58 AM
Mine has been received and the stories downloaded. The listening will begin soon...

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

eytanz

Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:41 AM
I received mine last night - it's just that the announcement made me think that I should have already had it. No big deal.

Benjii

• Extern
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 01:27:07 AM
Donated!

Cant wait for the Biyeh fix!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:43 PM
Hey all!  Head on down to the Chamber of Secrets promotions board and check out the section for The Trio of Terror!  Story threads can be found there!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Grady Hendrix

• Extern
Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:12:24 PM
Just wanted to let people know that if they're interested in getting some background info about my contribution, "Tales of the White Street Society: The Yellow Curse" they can read all about it here:

http://www.gradyhendrix.com/the-yellow-curse/