Author Topic: Nourished By Chaff, We Believe The Glamor  (Read 52886 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: December 16, 2011, 04:02:47 PM
“Nourished By Chaff, We Believe The Glamor” by Tim W. Burke, wherein an associate of the eternally ambitious Guru Keresh must deal with an old plaything and an even older playmate! Click his name to check out Tim’s blog. His novel THE MAD EARL’S HOMECOMING is available on Amazon, as is my short story collection PENSIVE CREATURES.

“Then I remembered something I had told the ladies: good spirits want to nurture love for all; selfish ones want to divide us all.

Show-Show’s eyes had a dark gleam I hadn’t remembered before.

Grasping at Alecsandri’s questions, I asked, ‘Those boys…in Mobile…at the warehouse. What did you do with them?’

‘They didn’t want to go away to the military academy. They wanted to be pirates. So I took them to their pirate ship.’

‘Show-Show, what have you become?’”

If you’re new to Pseudopod, or have missed any of the previous stories in these series, rest assured each of these tales is free-standing… and if they pique your interest, please check out these download links to the previous installments!

THE SAGA OF GURU KERESH by Tim W. Burke

Pseudopod 127: The Garden and the Mirror
    Pseudopod 198: The Mother and the Worm
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:59:18 AM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

TimWBurke

• Extern
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 09:24:38 PM
Author here:

This story is more of a stand-alone than the other related tales. It serves as world-building and system describing.
I like working with Pseudopod, because the readers tell me what works as I go along making more "chapters".
Body horror and just desserts seem to be favorites.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:03 AM
Listened to this one today, thoroughly enjoyed it! I felt, however, that Olivia and Alexandre were characterized very differently than they were in The Mother and the Worm.
Either way, it was a very fun story!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Haider459

• Extern
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:17:27 AM
Listened to this once, then again with my girlfriend so that she could hear how wonderful it was. Absolutely LOVED Al's reading. It really brought the story to life. The story itself was fantastic as well, delightfully funny, whimsical, and just the right mixture of intrigue, adventure, and romance (or whatever you could call hitting the woman over the head)

We offer up to date NS0-145 practice test questions latest resource  MICROSOFT We offer up-to-dated University of Alabama