Author Topic: I'm trying to find a short story that I swear was on Escape Pod  (Read 2958 times)

rotheche

• Palmer
Hi

I'm trying to find a story that I could swear was a podcast episode here.

The essence of it was a bet betwen a teenage girl and her clique of friends: how long could she turn off the connected glasses/lenses and view the unvarnished real world?  From memory, she didn't last long.  I've searched the forums, and gone back through posts on escapepod.org, and haven't found it.

Does that strike any chords with anyone, or am I hallucinating??

eytanz

I definitely remember this story. But I don't remember when I heard it, or whether it was Escape Pod or a different podcast (if it wasn't Escape Pod, it must have been Pseudopod or Drabblecast - I only listen to 4 fiction podcasts and it certainly wasn't podcastle).

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
I definitely remember this story. But I don't remember when I heard it, or whether it was Escape Pod or a different podcast (if it wasn't Escape Pod, it must have been Pseudopod or Drabblecast - I only listen to 4 fiction podcasts and it certainly wasn't podcastle).

I've listened to all of PseudoPod (except for the ones from this year I'm saving up for a road trip) and it's not ringing any bells.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Well, I can narrow it down to either Escape Pod or Drabblecast, since I know exactly what story you're thinking of and I don't listen to Pseudopod. I feel like it was on the Drabblecast? Or an early flash fiction on EP? I'll see if I can track it down.

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Success! ;D

It is called Tags, by Andrew Gudgel. Podcasted in Drabblecast 220 - Trifecta XVIII.

rotheche

• Palmer
Brilliant!  Thank you, Devoted.