Author Topic: EP349: Origin  (Read 13299 times)

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 09:24:52 PM
But all in all, definitely still a win. Three and a half out of five pregnant zeppelins.

Funny image.  Maybe the reason there aren't many zeppelins around these days is not because they're less practical than airplanes, but because the zeppelins had some kind of global fertility problem ala Children of Men, and so there WERE no more pregnant zeppelins.

Or maybe they lost their zeppelin-wives when they went to visit the ent-wives, and now they can't find them! They can't even remember what they looked like. :'(

Wow. I make one silly comment, wander off to IKEA, and when I come back, look what's happened. We've got zeppelin-wives. I need to post more often.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 01:16:13 PM
But all in all, definitely still a win. Three and a half out of five pregnant zeppelins.

Funny image.  Maybe the reason there aren't many zeppelins around these days is not because they're less practical than airplanes, but because the zeppelins had some kind of global fertility problem ala Children of Men, and so there WERE no more pregnant zeppelins.

Or maybe they lost their zeppelin-wives when they went to visit the ent-wives, and now they can't find them! They can't even remember what they looked like. :'(

Is it weird that your comment made me genuinely sad for the zeppelins?  I did always feel bad for the Ents, and wanted to find out what happened to the Entwives.

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 01:43:20 PM

Is it weird that your comment made me genuinely sad for the zeppelins?  I did always feel bad for the Ents, and wanted to find out what happened to the Entwives.

I feel sad for them too! No more baby zeppelins scampering around, getting caught in trees. :-[  (and I always loved Treebeard)

olivaw

• Matross
Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 01:20:57 AM
Remember the Larry Niven short, 'Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex'?
The 'harvesting' comment just gets weirder.

Gamercow

• Hipparch
Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 08:45:47 PM
I'm admittedly not as big of a fan of superhero stories as others, but still found this one enjoyable, if not a little forgettable.  Great job by Matt with the narrating, as usual. The plot was a bit predictable, but that didn't bother me much as I was listening.

The cow says "Mooooooooo"

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 08:00:59 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was obvious that the blue goo in the Moon Cave was in preparation for the baby.

In any case, I enjoyed the story. It was fun!
And the narration was excellent!!

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #31 on: July 26, 2012, 09:19:55 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was obvious that the blue goo in the Moon Cave was in preparation for the baby.

Not just you. I figured it out instantly.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

hardware

• Matross
Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 10:01:42 AM
So, another story where the superhero element is really a backdrop to the rather by-the-books story about coming to terms with father- and motherhood. It didn't go anywhere unexpected but was entertaining and kind of touching. I liked the villain as well, even if he was perhaps a bit too cartoonish. A fun listen, but in two weeks, I wil have forgotten what it was about.

TheTrueBrian

• Extern
    • The Voices In My Head
Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 07:31:20 PM
Great story. I too was confused for little as to how serious this was supposed to be, but that settles itself before too long.

I was psyched to hear Veronica doing an EP. She's no stranger to superhero stories being the voice (and co-author) or The Secret World Chronicles.

More Veronica (and other professional voice actors). Some of the narrators have been a bit "off" of late and having the editors read half the stories seems tedious.

Brian, Narrator:
PC 81
PP 251
PP 303