Author Topic: Feedback Feedback  (Read 3343 times)

Farseeker

• Extern
on: June 19, 2012, 05:18:34 PM
The realization had grown upon me that I am sometimes guilty of being one of those people who is vocal about what I dislike, but silent about that which I do like. Which is a Bad Thing, because it leaves those who are doing a good job insufficiently appreciated. And I believe the exchange rate is that it takes at least three Attaboys to equal one Awshit.

It's old news, I know, but I'd like to drop a shout-out to Nathan Lee. Since he has taken over the reader feedback section... I listen to it. And usually enjoy it.

Now, that is not damning with faint praise. I had been so unhappy with that section of Escape Pod that I had gotten into the habit of, once the story was over, skipping the end and deleting the episode. So this is really a major step up in my overall enjoyment of Escape Pod. Nothing personal, Bill, wherever you may be now, but it really wasn't working.

Scattercat... Attaboy!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:38 PM
Yay!  I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Except I am really scraping the barrel of new ways to say 'hello.'  I may have to go all John Cage on it or something.

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:17 PM
Firstly, what about an AwwwYEA, where does that fall in our equation, cause I give one of those for Scattercat, both as reponse-reader-editor and as author.

Secondly,  I swear this is not just because I've heard my comment far more often that I could possibly have expected I swear.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 02:43:01 AM
My goal has been to try and characterize the conversation as a whole.  If you're involved in the conversation about the story (and especially if you state one of the "sides" of a given "debate" in either a really clear or else a really stylish manner), then your chances of being quoted go up.

Funny stories are also a booster, for people playing along at home.

Raymond

• Extern
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30:24 AM
I just wanted to add my voice in praise of Nathan Lee's feedback section.  That humorous framing takes both skill and effort.  Plus, I enjoy his clear reports.  He has improved the quality of EP overall.  Yay!

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 11:08:06 PM
I too would like to chime in that feedback is now 10x more enjoyable and funny.  Good job Scattercat, no offense Bill.

Now we've all praised him enough that we can start nitpicking things, right ;D

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:55 AM
I'm always ready to listen to people's thoughts. 

Acting on 'em is a horse of a different feather that flocks to the honey in a kettle of worms, of course.