Author Topic: UFO - Unidentified Funny Objects - Kickstarter  (Read 2601 times)

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:08 AM
So Alex Shvartsman is doing this anthology thing.  It's a collection of humorous sci-fi and fantasy stories, and it's got Mike Resnick, Lavie Tidhar, Jake Kerr... and me! 

I ended up coming up with the name, assisting with slushing, and having a story appear in it, so I'm pretty heavily invested, actually.  This was mostly because I casually commented on a forum post about it.  :-/  That'll teach me to open my yap, I guess.  (I still think my other title suggestion was better: "'Orcs Don't Wear Pants' and Other Stories.  This would have required someone to write and submit a story entitled "Orcs Don't Wear Pants," of course.)

Anyway, this is the Kickstarter page.  It's intended to help defray the costs and maybe get some bonus stuff going.  If a book of funny spec-fic stories sounds appealing enough that you'd buy a copy anyway, think about tossing a few bucks at the Kickstarter; you can get the book plus the other usual incentive prizes for such donation drives. 

eytanz

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:12:25 PM
Well, I made my donation - quick, everyone else donate too, so that the project gets funded and I get the book!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:17:39 AM
We're almost halfway there!