Author Topic: Any way to make Nonfiction posts not dominate EP page?  (Read 3283 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: October 01, 2012, 03:46:16 PM
Is there any way to make the fiction a little more prominent on the main page of Escape Pod?  I've wondered this for a while, but it's coming to the forefront of my mind right now because of the 25 days of TNG series of posts that are being published on a daily basis.  Dont get me wrong, I love TNG, and I like Josh Roseman's writing, but for the next several weeks it seems that the nonfiction is going to be posted at 7x the rate of the fiction, by the time this is done the first three pages of the EP website will have maybe 3 or 4 fiction posts and the rest will be nonfiction.

I sometimes scan the nonfiction, but the reason I come here is for the fiction, and so I don't like that it is taking more effort to just find the fiction among the nonfiction.  I'm not saying that there should be less nonfiction--presumably there's an audience for it, and so whatever attracts more traffic is a good thing.

I don't know if there's a specific way to do this, the user being able to filter whether they're seeing fiction or nonfiction or both?

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:21:15 PM
There is a way to do it with Wordpress. I've done something similar on a WP site I used to run. However, I'm not the site mod, just a content editor, so I wouldn't be the person to ask.

Sorry that it seems like such a flood. I do my best to put most of my stuff behind cuts.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42