Author Topic: PC244: The Very Strange Weird of Endart Sscowth  (Read 10519 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 03:31:40 PM
"Endart Sscowth" is an anagram of Scott H. Andrews.

Oh!  For some reason I never think of anagrams.  Which is odd, because I like puzzles in general. 

chemistryguy

• Matross
  • Serving the Detroit Metro area since 1970
    • 5000 People can't be wrong...or can they?
Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 07:09:40 PM
I thought this was quite a lot of fun. I was particularly fond of the description of the library guardian and its many bespectacled eyes.

I think it should also eat people who take books off the shelves and shove them back in the wrong location. Because those people are in allegiance with the forces of darkness.

Along with those who leave books lying around, splayed face down.  The guardian should tan their hide and use it to rebind the aforementioned books.

childoftyranny

• Matross
Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 06:45:54 PM
Interesting, I'd not really seen the theme of slamming others interests though with it pointed out I can see how one could read that. Myself the entire story, with its excellent narration, had a humerous tone. Especially the bemonocled monster, left me in the end amused, even with it munching down on the our poorrich protagonist. I too saw the monster as a beholder, but I don't think that is quite a bad thing, in a way you might be able even pin this on that race, within their vanity I could totally see them not being willing to put up with anyone appreciating ANYTHING, much less a book, more than themselves!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 02:58:48 AM
Fun stuff! I was already familiar with The Weird of Avoosl Wuthuqqan so little in this story surprised me. However, I did not find my enjoyment significantly diminshed.

The world needs more Clark Ashton Smith.

The Weird of Avoosl Wuthoqqan

discussion on The Double Shadow

CAS on PSeudoPod

PodCastle should double down and run some Clark Ashton Smith. :)

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”