Author Topic: Old Topics  (Read 4504 times)

robertmarkbram

• Palmer
    • The Blog for Rob
on: September 06, 2007, 11:50:29 AM
Hi all,

I wanted to post a response to the story Flat Diane and noticed this warning in "You talkin' to me?" De Niro red:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Then I noticed a Metachat topic: Revisiting Old Shows that looked like the right place to ask my question. But I got the same warning and after that I needed to go have a lie down.

My hands have stopped shaking enough to make a new post, so, umm.. oh yes - Old Topics. Some forums don't like Zombie posts i.e. old posts getting dug up again. I realise most PP fans want all posts to be Zombie posts with Cthulu tendencies, but what about the sane fans?

Is it ok to post on old stories that already have a topic on this forum?

PS the spell checker on this forum should jolly well understand that Cthulu is a valid word!

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:56:00 AM
Go ahead and post.  Especially when it's in an episode comment.

I would rather an old thread come up then someone starting a new thread on the same topic.  No need for everyone to go into the same arguements.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:53:01 AM
Oh goody.
There may be many latecomers (like me) who are still working their way through earlier episodes, or EscapePod Classic shows.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

Russell Nash

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:03:15 AM
Have a blast, but you're going to be limited to episodes from this year.  This version of the forums only launched on January 1st.  There aren't any episode comment threads from before that.