Author Topic: Suggestions for readers...  (Read 10580 times)

XOLegato

• Extern
on: March 22, 2007, 04:38:47 PM
What podcasters would you guys like to hear read a story on EP (that haven't already)?  I'd like to hear something from Jason Rennie of "The Sci Phi Show," Grammar Girl, or maybe one of the voice actors from "The Failed Cities Monologues" or "How to Succeed in Evil" (Podiobooks.com).

Oh, and more from Preston Buttons and The Word W****!

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:55:57 PM
I don't think Mike Bennett has yet (One among the sleepless)

Seth Harwood (Jack Wakes Up, A long way from Disney)

Russell L. Burt (Revelations, Come Let me Whisper {better for pseudopod, but probably wouldn't as Come Let me Whisper is more direct competition])

Scott Sigler (I know JC has read, can't remember if Scott has or not)

jrderego

• Hipparch
  • Writer of Union Dues stories (among others)
    • J. R. DeRego - Writer
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:58:47 PM
I don't think Mike Bennett has yet (One among the sleepless)

Seth Harwood (Jack Wakes Up, A long way from Disney)

Russell L. Burt (Revelations, Come Let me Whisper {better for pseudopod, but probably wouldn't as Come Let me Whisper is more direct competition])

Scott Sigler read "Cleanup in Aisle 5"

"Happiness consists of getting enough sleep." Robert A. Heinlein
Also, please buy my book - Escape Clause: A Union Dues Novel
http://www.encpress.com/EC.html

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:10:54 PM

Actually, that was Rich Sigfrit.  Scott Sigler read "Off White Lies" (an earlier Union Dues story) and also "Redmond's Private Screening" for Pseudopod.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

jrderego

• Hipparch
  • Writer of Union Dues stories (among others)
    • J. R. DeRego - Writer
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:12:10 PM

Actually, that was Rich Sigfrit.  Scott Sigler read "Off White Lies" (an earlier Union Dues story) and also "Redmond's Private Screening" for Pseudopod.

DOH!!!

"Happiness consists of getting enough sleep." Robert A. Heinlein
Also, please buy my book - Escape Clause: A Union Dues Novel
http://www.encpress.com/EC.html

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:59:59 PM
I will have to go back through my episodes, since I have yet to delete any fiction podcasts I have downloaded.  I have deleted music podcasts as well as non-fiction (Dawn and Drew got old fast for me after they went daily), but never any of the fiction podcasts.  I don't know if it's because I have more direct control over what I download (types of stories), or if the authors are just that much better. 

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 03:32:23 PM

While not a podcaster another person I would like to see (hear?) as a reader for escape pod/pseudopod is Lenny Henry (was the reader for the audiobook version of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman).

Speaking of Gaiman, just noticed he has a new book coming out June 26th M is for Magic, cover looks like it's more one of his "children's" books, anyone know anything about it, as this is first I have heard of this one, and wasn't much available info wise on Amazon.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
Speaking of Gaiman, just noticed he has a new book coming out June 26th M is for Magic, cover looks like it's more one of his "children's" books, anyone know anything about it, as this is first I have heard of this one, and wasn't much available info wise on Amazon.

It is a collection of his stories for younger readers.  I'm having a hard time remembering which stories specifically will be in the collection, but I think most of them have been printed in "Smoke and Mirrors" and "Fragile Things." 

He also has another new book coming out called InterWorld that he co-wrote with Michael Reaves.  No idea what that's about, but for some reason I think he mentioned on his blog that it's YA book.  Then again, I could just be confusing the two.  (Sorry, not so helpful in the end, am I?)

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 12:55:41 PM
well I didn't know about Interworld, so...

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 04:47:59 AM
or maybe one of the voice actors from "How to Succeed in Evil".

of COURSE more from Buttons and TWW!!!

The Seanachai/How to Succeed in Evil... Patrick is the man, id love to have a story narrated by him, it would be very well read... he's an amazing voice actor and very good with sounds.  i dont know if he does it himself, it seems very professional, so i would think he has help, but hes never mentioned anyone else so it might just be him...
anyways id LOVE to have him read a story!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 11:01:13 AM
or maybe one of the voice actors from "How to Succeed in Evil".

of COURSE more from Buttons and TWW!!!

The Seanachai/How to Succeed in Evil... Patrick is the man, id love to have a story narrated by him, it would be very well read... he's an amazing voice actor and very good with sounds.  i dont know if he does it himself, it seems very professional, so i would think he has help, but hes never mentioned anyone else so it might just be him...

I heard an interview with Patrick way back when The Seanachai was still a weekly. He said he does every bit of everything himself. Acting, writing, sound production.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:02 PM
My two cents: I'd like to hear JRBlackwell and Jarod Axelrod.
I've made it most of the way through the first year of 365Tomorrows.com (if you haven't yet, now's a good time to check it out) and have been constantly impressed by their work. I haven't heard their "Voices of Tomorrow" podcasts, but suspect they bring their own special touch to their readings.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 01:15:36 AM

Me too.  I've asked, and it's almost happened once or twice, but he's a busy guy.

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 01:16:19 AM
My two cents: I'd like to hear JRBlackwell and Jarod Axelrod.

They've both read for us a few times.  (Including once together on "Ulla.")

RichGarner

• Palmer
  • Metalface Creator
    • Metalface RPG
Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 07:21:57 PM
How does one apply for a reading spot? I've been narrating training courses for years as well as a Christian podcast for over six months.

Very interested in reading... don't care about pay.

"...for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart." -Ecclesiastes 7:2

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 02:34:39 AM
How does one apply for a reading spot? I've been narrating training courses for years as well as a Christian podcast for over six months.

Send me an e-mail and tell me where I can hear your voice online.