Author Topic: 2013 Hugos?  (Read 7905 times)

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
on: July 02, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
Has Norm (or anyone) said whether EP is doing any of the Hugo-nominated stories? Just curious.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:53:01 AM
Looks like August. They were just added to the schedule today.

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 03:14:32 AM
Cool. Thanks!

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:15:37 AM
Oh, and let me know if you need a reader.  ;)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:54:03 AM
Consider yourself on the clock.

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 08:46:51 AM
Cool. Thanks!

Ugh, you southern-hemisphere people! August is hot! HOT!
It's so hot that ambient temperature often climbs above core body temperature and due to thermodynamics I cannot get rid of excess waste heat and the proteins in my body begin to denature.
Or as they say on the street: it's so hot that you can fry an egg on my forehead.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:52:46 PM
Hot enough for ya?! harharhar

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:53 PM
Yay!

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 02:39:35 PM
Cool, was wondering 'bout those myself. I always enjoy the Hugo episodes, even when one story is contentious. Perhaps especially then. Boy oh boy the discussion thread for 'Spar' was fun. :D

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 03:58:45 PM
Consider yourself on the clock.

Cool. Thanks!
It's so hot that ... you can fry an egg on my forehead.
I think you're mixing me up with Graeme, dude. The reason I'm cool is because I'm in Canada. 8)

Talk about egg on your face...  :D

Windup

• Hipparch
Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 01:47:35 AM

Yaaayyyy!!!!!  ;D

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 03:05:50 AM
Cool. Thanks!
I think you're mixing me up with Graeme, dude. The reason I'm cool is because I'm in Canada. 8)

Umm... yeah. By my calendar it's only July and yes, it's cold here. YES IT GETS COLD IN AUSTRALIA! Although it's all relative... I expect if you're Canadian my definition of "cold" is not yours :)

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 04:38:17 AM
Cool. Thanks!

Umm... yeah. By my calendar it's only July and yes, it's cold here. YES IT GETS COLD IN AUSTRALIA! Although it's all relative... I expect if you're Canadian my definition of "cold" is not yours :)

Um, this week you have highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's (F), and call that cold?? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 03:27:52 AM

Um, this week you have highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's (F), and call that cold?? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

Hey, buddy, I know from cold!! I've been to... umm... Tahiti... Singapore...

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 10:30:39 PM

As a Canadian who spent an Australian "winter" in Western Australia, I have to second this comment. ;)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 01:32:33 PM
Cool. Thanks!

Agreed. I'm pretty sure Heaven (tm) keeps the temps between 75-55'F. 60s-40s is just a spot off perfection! Meanwhile, it's 95' with 95% humidity in PA, USA this week -- the very definition of why winter is better in every way.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 02:03:21 PM

Agreed. I'm pretty sure Heaven (tm) keeps the temps between 75-55'F. 60s-40s is just a spot off perfection! Meanwhile, it's 95' with 95% humidity in PA, USA this week -- the very definition of why winter is better in every way.

Maybe not EVERY way..

(from the Great Snowpocalypse of 2011. Those are cars)

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 02:21:15 PM
It's the only time you get time off of work to get exercise -- that's a win, my friend.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 01:56:59 AM
It's the only time you get time off of work to get exercise -- that's a win, my friend.

You keep using that word but I do not think it means what you think it means.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Windup

• Hipparch
Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:42:02 AM

(from the Great Snowpocalypse of 2011. Those are cars)

Anything that causes a decrease in automobile traffic has some redeeming qualities...   :o

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."