PodCastle > Episode Comments

PC269/705: Selected Program Notes From the Retrospective Exhibition of Theresa

<< < (10/10)

Marlboro:
Good story. Perfect reading.

--- Quote from: Unblinking on October 17, 2013, 10:15:36 AM ---

It seemed like most people were convinced that this was a ghost story rather than just metaphor in painting.  Anyone care to elaborate on that?  Given the format, I don't think there's any way to tell--every bit of the painter's life that we know is portrayed in the paintings which means it just had to come from her mind not necessarily reality, but maybe I'm wrong. 

--- End quote ---

I think the painting of the victims of the 1908 mill fire go a long way to confirming the ghostly aspects of the story. The artist has accurately painted images of ~30 people who died in an accident 100 years earlier, not as they appeared at the time, but as they each appeared in their 20s. The narrator mentions that it has taken researchers decades to dig up old photos to confirm that she portrayed them realistically. It seems improbable that (as the narrator believes) the artist has preternatural skills as a researcher.

Ocicat:
This story has been re-run as Podcastle 705: TALES FROM THE VAULTS – Selected Program Notes From the Retrospective Exhibition of Theresa Rosenberg Latimer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version