Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 360108 times)

Alyxbee

• Extern
Reply #975 on: April 15, 2021, 11:57:02 AM
Hi all! It seems like this is the place to introduce myself and say hi?

I am Alyson. I'm 30something with a daughter and I write sometimes, but not quite as often as I should.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #976 on: April 16, 2021, 07:04:40 PM
Hi all! It seems like this is the place to introduce myself and say hi?

I am Alyson. I'm 30something with a daughter and I write sometimes, but not quite as often as I should.

Welcome to the thread, Alyxbee. Escape Artists run a class act here and I think you'll enjoy it.  8)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

LycanthropeLightweaver

• Extern
Reply #977 on: April 23, 2021, 05:09:33 PM
Ahoy!

I'm Finn - I'm a fantasy writer, a LARPer, and a fire juggler (though haven't been getting to do much of that lately given the everything). As with a fair pile of the other new folks, I'm here because of the flash fiction contest.

Tierney

• Extern
Reply #978 on: May 17, 2021, 12:38:46 AM
Hello, all!

I'm a reader for PodCastle, but have never used the forum myself. Nice to be here!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #979 on: June 02, 2021, 01:36:18 AM
Ahoy!

I'm Finn - I'm a fantasy writer, a LARPer, and a fire juggler (though haven't been getting to do much of that lately given the everything). As with a fair pile of the other new folks, I'm here because of the flash fiction contest.
Hello, all!

I'm a reader for PodCastle, but have never used the forum myself. Nice to be here!

Welcome to EA. It's rather quiet around here. There's more activity at Alisdair's THE FULL LID and on EA's Patreon page. These forums have many stealth viewers, so don't give up on it eh. EA's the real deal and I'm pleased to support the collective.   8)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Languorous Lass

Reply #980 on: June 11, 2021, 04:38:57 AM
Activity on the Patreon page?  Huh.  How come I don't know about this?  I admit I'm pretty clueless about Patreon -- I just have my contributions sent automatically. 

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #981 on: June 18, 2021, 06:58:37 PM
Activity on the Patreon page?  Huh.  How come I don't know about this?  I admit I'm pretty clueless about Patreon -- I just have my contributions sent automatically.
Upon reflection, I'd say there's somewhat more activity on these threads than Patreon. I moved my monthly donation over there so that I can get bling (I'm easy).  8)

Sdollar

• Extern
Reply #982 on: July 20, 2021, 05:35:37 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Shelby and I'm new to the forum. I love all things sci-fi, horror and fantasy. Nice to meet you all!

dmvickerson

• Extern
Reply #983 on: August 10, 2021, 12:31:08 PM
Hi All,

I'm an architect and a horror writer.  Happy to be here.

Haunted Harp

• Extern
Reply #984 on: August 10, 2021, 05:33:13 PM
Hello!  New member here :)  Fan of speculative fiction and horror.  Nice to "meet" everyone.

Reply #985 on: August 11, 2021, 05:33:26 PM
Hello! Fan of Pseudopod, new to the forums. Good to be here!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
Reply #986 on: August 12, 2021, 02:00:43 AM
Hello!  New member here :)  Fan of speculative fiction and horror.  Nice to "meet" everyone.
Hello! Fan of Pseudopod, new to the forums. Good to be here!
Hi everyone, my name is Shelby and I'm new to the forum. I love all things sci-fi, horror and fantasy. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, eh. It might be somewhat quiet on these newsgroups. Discord and Patreon are worth a gander…

DavidAmb

• Extern
Reply #987 on: August 19, 2021, 07:33:16 PM
Hey all! I'm a new member, just leaving my digital mark.

Megacorvid

• Extern
Reply #988 on: August 26, 2021, 01:48:08 AM
Welp, new person, that I am. And I am here to say hello. I'm a spec fic writer with a penchant for the weird, and I'm really trying to get better at the whole spooky horror side. Happy to meet you all!

Noumenon

• Extern
  • Noumenon's just this guy, you know?
Reply #989 on: August 26, 2021, 07:56:44 PM
Hello forum. I anticipate lurking mostly, it's how I tend to roll. Big text-on-page reader, but I'm slowly embracing audio. :-)

Markov

• Extern
Reply #990 on: August 28, 2021, 11:52:33 PM
I'm a human. I'm definitely not an AI that uses Markov chain models to mimic human speech patterns.

Lasbleiz

• Extern
Reply #991 on: August 29, 2021, 02:41:36 AM
So, I was about to make a whole topic to intro myself when I found this one, thanks the Gods because I thoroughly suck at speaking of myself or introducing myself lol.

So, my name is Lasbleiz(Yeah, my actual name, well, last name, first one lol) and I'm first and foremost a writer of all things fictional and/or fantastical, though my favorite genre is epic and grimdark fantasy. I'm also a translator, from several languages, sort of focused in religious studies(more like my latest commissions and the ones I'm proudest about are all about Buddhism lol)

So there you have, the obligatory intro! time to lurk.

NathanM

• Extern
Reply #992 on: August 30, 2021, 08:29:04 PM
Hi all, just making my first post to prove I'm real. Glad to be here.

dcuccaro

• Extern
Reply #993 on: August 31, 2021, 05:22:12 AM
Hi all! obligatory post to not get marked as spam. Good luck to everyone entering the flash contest!

unsquare

• Extern
    • Full of Words
Reply #994 on: August 31, 2021, 08:08:20 AM
Yep, posting to prove I’m human so I can check out these forums. It’s a bit odd even joining a forum in this day and age. I’m having flashbacks!

EstelAwoo

• Extern
Reply #995 on: August 31, 2021, 06:00:26 PM
Oh, man, hopefully I am posting this to the thread... I'm new to the forum, and not super tech savvy, but savvy enough that listening to the EA podcasts is often a highlight of my commutes.  I'm also a relatively new spec fic writer, just dipping my toes into attempting shorts.  I stumbled my way here by way of the flash fiction contest.  Looking forward to seeing what it's all about!

BrittleLittleRobot

• Peltast
Reply #996 on: August 31, 2021, 10:02:32 PM
Never joined a forum before, but here I am. I'm excited to see what people wrote for the flash contest! Goodluck y'all!

lou

• Extern
Reply #997 on: September 01, 2021, 03:34:01 PM
Hey folks,

I'm Lou, I'm new to the forum, and I sometimes pretend to be a writer. 

smessenger

• Extern
Reply #998 on: September 01, 2021, 05:37:14 PM
Also posting to show I'm a human! I write SFF and horror.

katachtonios

• Extern
Reply #999 on: September 02, 2021, 04:37:54 AM
First post! Do I dream of electric sheep?