Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361824 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #375 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:45 PM
Hi, I've been listening to all three Escape Artists podcasts for a while and have been meaning to post some feedback I just never got around to it. Finally, I've pulled my finger out and here I am!  ;D

Welcome, Gibbon! It's great to have you on board.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #376 on: July 03, 2012, 04:41:15 AM
Welcome! Always good to have new folk.

kanaske

• Extern
Reply #377 on: July 09, 2012, 03:58:41 PM
the opening message said post something or get deleted so i am posting something LOL ;D

Kanaske

Chris Turner

• Extern
Reply #378 on: July 10, 2012, 09:04:44 PM
Hi
Just posting here to register my presence ......
Love Escape Pod - Thanks!

Jethro's belt

• Palmer
Reply #379 on: July 11, 2012, 08:07:12 PM
So this is what it looks like in here.

schizoTypal

• Palmer
    • First Flight Simulators, Ltd.
Reply #380 on: July 13, 2012, 09:01:30 PM
So this is what it looks like in here.

Sorry about that.

HueItzcoatl

• Palmer
Reply #381 on: July 20, 2012, 06:40:22 PM
Buenas tardes!,

It's been my pleasure to be a listener of these podcasts since 2010, fairly new by some standards, but a pleasure nonetheless. I'm the type of person that has never been satisfied with the restrictions that reality imposes upon us. (I am a physics geek at heart, so try figuring that one out.) When I stumbled upon Steve and his escape pod creation I found a new reality that I enjoyed better so I moved in and refuse to leave.

I've always fancied myself a writer, but have never evolved beyond the self insertion stage. I'm self obsessed, self destructive and one of those people your mother warned you about.

I get the feeling I'll fit right in.

It's not that I can't see the line, it's merely that I burned it away when I was 5...

danofspiz

• Extern
Reply #382 on: July 21, 2012, 04:28:37 PM
I'm the narrator of a couple of Escape Artists tales (so far) and, hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to narrate a few more somewhere down the line.

This is me saying 'Hi' and registering my presence as an entity on this forum.

Lisa3737

• Palmer
Reply #383 on: July 28, 2012, 12:00:32 AM
I'm registering my presence here on the forums....I've been listening to for several years and decided it was time to make some comments.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #384 on: July 28, 2012, 12:37:45 AM
Welcome all. :)

Chugosh

• Extern
  • I tip my hat to you!
Reply #385 on: July 30, 2012, 03:05:45 AM
I found Escape Pod and Podcastle last week.
I've listened to about thirty hours of wonderful stories.
I drive a truck on a local daily route so I have a lot of time sitting in a metal box watching the world go by.
It is really kind of fun.
But much more so with stories.

I'm also an avid listener to Libravox.org.  Lots of nice stories that have fallen into the public domain.

bardsbabe

• Extern
Reply #386 on: August 01, 2012, 06:22:43 AM
Ummm.  Hi.

I've been listeneing to Escape Artist poscasts for quite a few years and finally decided to get online and check out the forums. I listen to podcasts but as I spend all work day on a computer, I rarely get online in my free time.  Curiousity, however, won over.

Nice place you have here.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #387 on: August 01, 2012, 10:50:54 AM
Nice place you have here.

It's one of the nicest corners of the whole interwebs :) To you and Chugosh, and a warm welcome from a fellow listener

Schmood

• Extern
Reply #388 on: August 02, 2012, 01:23:57 PM
Greetings, Escape Artists!
I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work that goes into producing such wonderful weekly podcasts. I just recently found Escape Pod online and have been soaking in  the new eps as well as combing the archives, thoroughly enjoying the variety of fun and engaging stories I find. Though I gravitate more towards SF, I will drop in on PodCastle and PseudoPod soon, and I look forward to finding/starting posts where I can contribute worthwhile comments on this forum.
Thanks again for all you do!
-Schmood

zivanaik

• Extern
Reply #389 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:36 AM
Hi all,

Found out about escapepod and podcastle about 4 months ago.  Lovely stuff.  Thank you for the good work. 

Milk

• Extern
  • CONTROL
    • Unlikely Library
Reply #390 on: August 04, 2012, 01:31:23 AM
I've been listening to the pods since beyond memory (given that my memory has more holes than a donut factory filled with holes).  Just now wandered into the forums.  Be kind, kind readers, be kind.

In watermelon sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #391 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:55 AM
I'm also an avid listener to Libravox.org.  Lots of nice stories that have fallen into the public domain.

Oh! Thank you for that Chugosh!
I was not aware of Libravox.org. Will have to spend hours browsing now... ;)

Max e^{i pi}

• Hipparch
  • Have towel, will travel.
Reply #392 on: August 07, 2012, 06:22:34 AM
I'm also an avid listener to Libravox.org.  Lots of nice stories that have fallen into the public domain.

Oh! Thank you for that Chugosh!
I was not aware of Libravox.org. Will have to spend hours browsing now... ;)
Oh yeah.
I discovered Librivox a couple of years ago when my new media player (Amarok) came with a plugin that browses their database, and downlads books for me to listen to.
Great stuff.

Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network

Registered Linux user #481826 Get Counted!

Anony

• Extern
Reply #393 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:57 PM
Long time listener first time caller.

I am a computer scientist from California, I should get a lab coat.
Normally I am not awake at this hour, but today the college's computing club needed an agent to infiltrate the school at 8am to sign up for a good space to recruit new converts in the quad.

This seems like a well run forum, do the escape artists succeed at everything?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #394 on: August 13, 2012, 03:42:08 PM
Long time listener first time caller.

I am a computer scientist from California, I should get a lab coat.
Normally I am not awake at this hour, but today the college's computing club needed an agent to infiltrate the school at 8am to sign up for a good space to recruit new converts in the quad.

This seems like a well run forum, do the escape artists succeed at everything?

We often fail at failing.

Welcome! And I hope your sneaky recruiting goes/went well!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

chemistryguy

• Matross
  • Serving the Detroit Metro area since 1970
    • 5000 People can't be wrong...or can they?
Reply #395 on: August 16, 2012, 06:13:11 PM
Hello all!

I've been listening to these podcasts since I got my first smartphone 1.5 years ago. 

My wife isn't interested in hearing me rehash the episodes, so I thought I'd stick my nose/opinions into the forums.

stephenenelson

• Extern
Reply #396 on: August 16, 2012, 08:30:55 PM
Hello all. I've been listening... hmm... well, for a VERY long time. Signing up now because I'm going to WorldCon and hope to run into fellow listeners and Escape Artists. So, uh, hi!

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #397 on: August 16, 2012, 08:47:34 PM
Welcome Chemistry Guy and stephenenelson!

Good to have you both here, and looking forward to reading more comments :)

JHooligan

• Extern
Reply #398 on: August 27, 2012, 01:52:43 AM
I'm your typical factory worker, that doesn't want to settle for the day to day life of going in and out of work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but it's not fulfilling in any way. I've always had a passion for writing and telling stories. When I create a world, or a character in my head, I have to get it down on paper. I'm going to keep taking the steps necessary publish my work, and make it all come to life.

I really want to expand to other writers, and get their opinions on my work. I want to discuss the finer points of composing stories from short submissions to epic novels. I'm not just a fantasy fan, but I love Science Fiction as well. My first novel, will be a combination of the two.

When I get more pages, and chapters out, I hope I can gather volunteer critics and readers. I really want to bring my ideas to life, and I want to help others do that as well. If any author wants a volunteer to read their work, I will be more than happy to lend my time. I love to read, and discuss stories.

Also, I'm always looking to expand to people so please follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and check out my blog.
@Nickphobia
facebook.com/ajaymichaelproduction
jaymichaelblog.com

If you follow me on twitter, or friend me on facebook, I will return the love. If you have a blog, I will subscribe, read, and comment.

john2two

• Extern
Reply #399 on: August 27, 2012, 01:32:53 PM
Human, not spambot! Please don't delete me again.