Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361713 times)

spruceh0rn

• Extern
Reply #450 on: February 01, 2013, 11:46:43 PM
I've been listening for a few months and finally decided to delurk. I've found that there aren't a lot of stories I have neutral feelings about, so I look forward to getting involved in the intelligent debate I've seen in this forum!

\\//_
"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate." -Hackneyed chemistry adage (traditional)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #451 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:09 AM
Hello! Another new member dropping by to introduce herself - I'm lethean, a 25 year old Aussie who first started listening to Escape Pod after being drawn into the world of fiction podcasts by Variant Frequencies... and it wasn't too long after that, that PseudoPod stole my heart. I think they're using it as a paperweight or something. Either way, I'm looking forward to what more tales the Escape Artists bring us in 2013!

Doorstop last time I checked. Dang things have a habit on latching behind you if you're not careful.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Animachina

• Extern
    • A blog dedicated to Writing, Game Design, and Science Fiction
Reply #452 on: February 07, 2013, 07:23:22 PM
Good morning angels!

I've been a fan of Pseudopod and Escapepod for years as they've made my commutes safer mainly by keeping me awake. This is my "first time, long time" style post as I join these here forums so here we go.

Bio:
-I'm in my 30's
-I work in the Video Game industry
-I do a lot of pen and paper game design work which includes story structure design, character design, pacing work, and various other skills revolving around "make it fun for the participants or they're walking out of the room" style pressure
-I did a lot of writing while I was in college and am picking it back up so expect a bit of the old "I wrote this thing, what ya all think?" style posts

Annie-Ma-Key-Na

http://animachina.blogspot.com/

"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number 6, The Prisoner

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #453 on: February 07, 2013, 08:28:21 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Kat_Rocha

• Palmer
    • 01 Publishing
Reply #454 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:25 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Kat. I am a writer, artist, editor, and co-owner of 01 Publishing living in San Diego, CA. I am a huge fan of fantasy (specifically urban fantasy), science fiction, and horror. I have been listening to the Escape Artists podcasts for a while now but only recently got up the nerve to join the forums. Having a lot of fun so far meeting and chatting with you all.

If you are interested, please visit the 01 Publishing website for some awesome reads and an open call for submissions to our Lovecraft flash-fiction anthology.

-Kat

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #455 on: February 15, 2013, 04:41:31 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Kat. I am a writer, artist, editor, and co-owner of 01 Publishing living in San Diego, CA. I am a huge fan of fantasy (specifically urban fantasy), science fiction, and horror. I have been listening to the Escape Artists podcasts for a while now but only recently got up the nerve to join the forums. Having a lot of fun so far meeting and chatting with you all.

If you are interested, please visit the 01 Publishing website for some awesome reads and an open call for submissions to our Lovecraft flash-fiction anthology.

-Kat

Welcome. 

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #456 on: February 15, 2013, 07:42:22 AM
WELCOME!  I think your site looks familiar.  I might have gone snooping there when looking for various jobs in publishing :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Uncanny Valley

• Palmer
Reply #457 on: February 17, 2013, 02:16:16 PM
Hi, I've recently become addicted to Escape Pod and have loved sci-fi, fantasy and horror (especially in print form) my entire life.  I wanted to join the forum to discuss the stories and hopefully get some recommendations, as I'm always looking for something new to read.

As for my background, I'm 45, work as a computer programmer in Cleveland, Ohio.  I'm married with three kids and also started teaching myself guitar a few years ago.  I'm not sure if I'm a shitty teacher or a shitty student, but either way, I'm shitty.  But I love it.

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #458 on: February 17, 2013, 10:52:28 PM
Welcome.  You are still better than me, because I gave up on trying to learn guitar quite some time ago. 

Optimus B

• Extern
Reply #459 on: February 23, 2013, 07:55:30 PM
Hello beings of Pseudopodia!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #460 on: February 24, 2013, 04:30:00 AM
hiiiiiii

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

glasnost

• Extern
Reply #461 on: February 25, 2013, 03:55:30 PM
Hello All,

I'm new, but I've listened to Psuedopod for ages, so I figured it was time to join up (partly out of allegiance to the Pod, partly because no one I know also like horror fiction and I get lonelyt)

Anyway nice to meet you, anonymous mass of dexterous appendages and brains!

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #462 on: February 26, 2013, 05:02:37 AM
welcome, you will definitely find lovers of horror here.

Vidurr

• Extern
Reply #463 on: March 01, 2013, 02:37:02 AM
Hello.  While I've been listening religiously for years now a very awesome podcast has so intrigued me I had to create an account just to say I wish it could be.  And now I'm off to hunt down the escape pod thread for Connoisseurs of the Eccentric.

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #464 on: March 02, 2013, 12:45:31 PM
Yay new members  ;D

Bessie

• Extern
Reply #465 on: March 03, 2013, 04:48:21 PM
hello! i'm new here and saying hi, and i hear there is a contest?  ;) i'm here to support my friend.

Candlejack

• Extern
Reply #466 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:54 PM
Introducing myself so I can check out the contest. Longtime listener of Pseudopod and Escape Pod, looking forward to getting involved on the forums.

strats

• Extern
Reply #467 on: March 04, 2013, 02:22:47 PM
adig adig adoo

Mr.Shenanigans

• Extern
Reply #468 on: March 04, 2013, 02:58:04 PM
Hello all. I'm pretty much doing this so I can get on to reading stories. See you out there.

TomatoGrandpa

• Extern
Reply #469 on: March 04, 2013, 04:47:25 PM
Howdy everybody, what with the contest going on, I figured it was high time I stopped lurking and start skulking around the forums with a little less anonymity.

JasonCD

• Extern
Reply #470 on: March 04, 2013, 05:21:02 PM
Hello everyone!
Just call me Jason. We'll all be better off that way. :D

jormangundr

• Extern
Reply #471 on: March 04, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
Doing the "Hi" post here.  Been listening to pseudopod regularly for the past year or more. Excited to be in the contest.

tobbA

• Extern
Reply #472 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:21 PM
Hello there. I've been listening to the escape artists podcasts for a while now. Decided to register because of the pseudopod flash contest.

Let's be friends. :)

mark.i.wang

• Extern
Reply #473 on: March 05, 2013, 07:35:47 AM
Just sayin hi so I'm not mistaken for a spambot. Look forward to reading.

Umbrageofsnow

• Hipparch
  • Commenting by the seat of my pants.
Reply #474 on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:27 AM
Be welcome, incoming hoard of new members!  And don't be afraid to post about your opinions in the story or poll threads in the contest! Even or especially if you disagree with everyone else!  We're a friendly bunch.