Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361488 times)

JaneBerry

• Extern
Reply #650 on: August 15, 2015, 11:48:57 PM
Hello all,

I have been a listener for the last few months, and a writer for the last couple of decades. I used to lament having no time to sit and read--now I listen to everything via podcast or audiobook.

I have a flash piece to throw in the ring for the contest. And as much as I would like to be a robot, alas, I am not.

Jane

DeepDarkSouth

• Extern
Reply #651 on: August 16, 2015, 12:39:32 AM
Hello All! I'm not a robot. I'm pretty sure I'm human since I feel like meat, but that might just be a programmed sensory facsimile. I live in the southern portion of Alabama where machines and people run down pretty quick, and as I'm 44 and still look, feel, and act pretty energetic, most of the time, I reckon I probably am a human. I came here to the forum by way of pseudopod. Cheers everybody.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:41:33 AM by DeepDarkSouth »

Vidurr

• Extern
Reply #652 on: August 16, 2015, 12:50:03 AM
Hello All! I'm not a robot. I'm pretty sure I'm human since I feel like meat, but that might just be a programmed sensory facsimile. I live in the southern portion of Alabama where machines and people run down pretty quick, and as I'm 44 and still look, feel, and act pretty energetic, most of the time, I reckon I probably am a human. I came here to the forum by way of pseudopod. Cheers everybody.
Hello not a bot.

Welcome, cheers, and don't worry about the things in the dark being real. There's a convenient escape button located next to your home stone.

dagny

• Hipparch
Reply #653 on: August 16, 2015, 01:47:48 AM
Hi there. Not a bot.

"Wolfman's got nards!"

trilbythecat

• Extern
Reply #654 on: August 17, 2015, 09:30:36 PM
Hi all, been listening to Pseudopod for a few months...learning to appreciate horror and short-form fiction again...usually while cooking dinner for the kids. Cooking and horror...kinda goes together. xx

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #655 on: August 18, 2015, 03:25:19 AM
Hi all, been listening to Pseudopod for a few months...learning to appreciate horror and short-form fiction again...usually while cooking dinner for the kids. Cooking and horror...kinda goes together. xx

Nothing says love like family time and eating together.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Nechama

• Extern
Reply #656 on: August 18, 2015, 04:14:08 PM
Hi - I'm Nechama, a psychologist by training, a fiction writier by love, and my first paid story was inspired by several podcasts from here.  It was pretty great learning that I'd finally made it into the paid category.  :D Can't wait to hear some of all y'alls stories and I hope to have one of my own up here one of these days.

Ciou

dimitri

• Extern
Reply #657 on: August 18, 2015, 04:55:47 PM
hi im a new member here. great to be here. and looking forward to participating more.

Jaboui

• Extern
    • The ravings of a possibly mad man.
Reply #658 on: August 25, 2015, 05:25:13 AM
It seems that I need to post here to verify my account or something.  I'm a listener, writer, and looking forward to seeing the competition on the Flash Fiction Contest #4. 

Otherwise, I'll be here and there browsing around to see what the forum's have to offer.

Yuppyslime

• Extern
Reply #659 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:12 AM
Hey everybody. 26 year old machinist from California. I friend showed me the Lore podcast, and after listening to all of them, I found myself jonesing for more horror podcasts. A quick google search later and I found the Pseudopod. The flash fiction contest brought me to the forums, and....you get the idea, haha. I look forward to being part of the community, if you will have me.

majyq

• Extern
Reply #660 on: August 27, 2015, 07:53:00 PM
Well hello!

chipchat

• Extern
Reply #661 on: August 28, 2015, 07:33:09 PM
Newly signed up member saying hello!

I'm a listener and devoted sci fi and fantasy reader, occasional writer and day-to-day editor. My day job brought me to Pseudopod through reviewing podcasts and I've stuck around because there's some fabulous stuff on the associated websites!

Good to meet you all and catch you in the forums.

Jason0278

• Extern
Reply #662 on: August 30, 2015, 12:35:36 AM
Hi everyone. Just started listening and excited to be a part of this community!

themandabird

• Extern
Reply #663 on: August 30, 2015, 03:56:57 PM
Hello! I'm new to this part of the internet. I read a bit of everything, but I am just now getting into the podcast-as-literature medium.

Everdork

• Extern
Reply #664 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:38 AM
Hey there all. Haven't listened nearly as much as I should. Limited time and tech at present keeps it from constantly being in my ear. Heard about the Pseudopod flash fiction and am here to prove I'm not a robot so that I can try my hand at it!

wwhateley

• Extern
Reply #665 on: August 31, 2015, 06:40:59 PM
Hi, I just wanted to drop by and say hello...and this seems to be the place (I think). I have listened for a while, but I am new to the forums. Thanks!
C.

rogerlb

• Extern
Reply #666 on: September 07, 2015, 09:10:30 PM
After writing a fair amount of horror fiction (on the outer, not so gory boundaries) I've become very interested in podcasts and the idea of having my words spoken so you can hear them rather than read them.

I love to hear Stephen King books read by Mr. King. Now I feel like I can participate by submitting a story to the pseudopod contest.

Roger Leatherwood

sakerevenue

• Extern
Reply #667 on: September 08, 2015, 02:21:47 AM
hi

i enjoy cuing up audio files and pressing play and typing things into computers.  oh and i like stories

Leolev

• Extern
Reply #668 on: September 08, 2015, 03:23:00 AM
Hey guys, I have been a listener and a supporter of Pseudopod for the past two years. I am fortunate enough where I can listen to it while at work but because of it I have already exhausted all the archives 8) So, I have decided to try and come up with a story or two of my own for the Flash Fiction Podcast. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:28:15 AM by Leolev »

beanstew

• Extern
Reply #669 on: September 10, 2015, 12:50:58 AM
Hi everyone :3 I've been listening to Pseudopod for about a year now, and thought I'd finally sign up and explore further. I haven't been on a forum in like 84 years, so this is really nice. Although I've loved horror all my life, am looking forward to listening to the other two podcasts as well. Phone is already loaded with eps!

Colonel_Gentlemans

• Extern
Reply #670 on: September 12, 2015, 06:04:35 AM
Hi everyone, new member here.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheers!

C.G.

Melissa Mead

• Extern
Reply #671 on: September 12, 2015, 06:41:09 PM
Hello! Just passing through looking for Flash stories.

Gavin

• Extern
Reply #672 on: September 12, 2015, 10:29:56 PM
Hi guys,

I've been listening for a while now, and thought I'd try my hand at the flash fiction contest.

Almost certain I'm not a robot.

Gav

JerodB

• Extern
Reply #673 on: September 13, 2015, 06:47:50 PM
Hello, all! Recently started listening to Pseudopod, kicking myself for not starting sooner.

Found out about the flash fiction contest and decided to send in a story. Given how much I've enjoyed the stories I've listened to so far, I have a hunch that the top 3 in this contest will be absolutely chilling.

Looking forward to reading/hearing the winners!

Best of luck, all!

Mithos

• Peltast
Reply #674 on: September 14, 2015, 12:46:13 AM
Hi everyone! Looking forward to this coming contest. I'd been wrestling with the idea of submitting some pieces, but I've decided it is finally time to start putting my work out there. Can't wait to see all the discussions that are sure to ensue.

Write Today! Who knows, you might find tomorrow to be... vengeful...