Author Topic: New Member/Listeners  (Read 361675 times)

victorywitherkeigh

• Extern
  • Victory Witherkeigh is a female Filipino/PI author
    • Author Website
Reply #1075 on: November 02, 2022, 09:44:51 PM
[I'm not sure this is the right way to do this - but my name is Victory Witherkeigh and I am a Filipino/PI female author who has their debut YA Horror/Dark Fantasy novel coming out in December 2022  :D

quote author=Thaurismunths link=topic=76.msg407#msg407 date=1168984682]
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't see any kind of "new people say 'hi' here" area.

Obviously I'm a newb and apparently I'm becoming a simpering fanboy, as the highlight of my weekends recently has been is sitting on the couch with my girlfriend and indulging in a string of podcast.
I was raised on Duck's Breath Mystery Theater & Dr. Science, Garrison Keeler, and the annual review of the original Orson Well's "War of the Worlds." Beyond a doubt I'm addicted to the radio-theater experience. I've only listened to a couple pods and a handful of flashes, and a few stories on Pseudopod, and I can't get enough.
I'm not terribly well versed in Sci-Fi, though I have a great appreciation for it. My interest in stories comes more from my love of storytelling. Even trips to the grocery store can be fascinating if told well. I don’t often get hung up on the “big picture” of a story, though I can usually appreciate what the author was trying to convey. I do try to digest what the story was about, but I enjoy stories most for the experience of having heard it and the quirky concepts they include (like "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie).
A suspension of disbelief isn't difficult for me as each story is in its own world where rules are different... however flaws in logic get my goat every time (humans are humans, wherever they go). I'm sure you'll see me around the forum. I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank "SFEley" for his great work!

Ps. Where do you get the readers? Are you looking for others?
[/quote]

aml224

• Extern
Reply #1076 on: November 03, 2022, 12:22:47 AM
Hi! I just joined (of course). This is my obligatory first post.

Languorous Lass

Reply #1077 on: November 03, 2022, 01:32:46 AM
Where do you get the readers? Are you looking for others?

Hi Victory -- check out the Escape Artists FAQ at this link:  https://escapeartists.net/faq/. For more information about each of the EA podcasts, check out the links at the very top of the FAQ page.

etferguson

• Extern
  • undercover mother
Reply #1078 on: November 07, 2022, 09:58:21 PM
Just sayin' hi!

Reader XKE 1139

shrapnelofme

• Extern
Reply #1079 on: November 15, 2022, 05:55:28 PM
Hey all! Saying hello, looking forward to exploring the forums and learning all the things :)

Lindsey

• Extern
Reply #1080 on: November 15, 2022, 06:25:01 PM
Hi everyone! Here's my first post!  :D

gengelcox

• Extern
Reply #1081 on: November 16, 2022, 12:40:27 AM
Hello, I'm Glen Engel-Cox, long time reader/reviewer/writer, new to EscapePod.

Calenmir

• Extern
Reply #1082 on: November 18, 2022, 02:03:37 AM
Hello!

I write SFF & horror, and am one of the contestant's in Cast of Wonder's 2022 flash fic contest! Wish me luck!

CJBurke

• Extern
Reply #1083 on: November 25, 2022, 02:47:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving.

Obligatory first post. Happy to be here.

Languorous Lass

Reply #1084 on: November 25, 2022, 07:29:35 AM
Happy to have all of you!

CJBurke

• Extern
Reply #1085 on: November 25, 2022, 04:02:55 PM
I write SFF & horror, and am one of the contestant's in Cast of Wonder's 2022 flash fic contest! Wish me luck!

Good luck! I'm here for the same thing. I'm SFF, not much horror, but if something prompts me in that direction...

MosesDuchek

• Extern
Reply #1086 on: December 04, 2022, 12:36:47 AM
I'm saying hello so my account survives. I appreciate the protection for any unpublished work from the myriad bot armies.

Chorkman

• Extern
Reply #1087 on: December 06, 2022, 05:40:29 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new and apparently not very smart.  I am replying to a 14 year old post and have no idea what i'm doing.  But I'm diving in.
 I love all Escape Artist material, and have for years and year. 

So, yeah.  Hi!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't see any kind of "new people say 'hi' here" area.

Obviously I'm a newb and apparently I'm becoming a simpering fanboy, as the highlight of my weekends recently has been is sitting on the couch with my girlfriend and indulging in a string of podcast.
I was raised on Duck's Breath Mystery Theater & Dr. Science, Garrison Keeler, and the annual review of the original Orson Well's "War of the Worlds." Beyond a doubt I'm addicted to the radio-theater experience. I've only listened to a couple pods and a handful of flashes, and a few stories on Pseudopod, and I can't get enough.
I'm not terribly well versed in Sci-Fi, though I have a great appreciation for it. My interest in stories comes more from my love of storytelling. Even trips to the grocery store can be fascinating if told well. I don’t often get hung up on the “big picture” of a story, though I can usually appreciate what the author was trying to convey. I do try to digest what the story was about, but I enjoy stories most for the experience of having heard it and the quirky concepts they include (like "My Friend is a Lesbian Zombie).
A suspension of disbelief isn't difficult for me as each story is in its own world where rules are different... however flaws in logic get my goat every time (humans are humans, wherever they go). I'm sure you'll see me around the forum. I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank "SFEley" for his great work!

Ps. Where do you get the readers? Are you looking for others?

Firebird44

• Extern
Reply #1088 on: December 17, 2022, 12:19:26 PM
Hi all! This is my first post, just wanted to say hello and happy holidays :)

Angelb4u77

• Extern
Reply #1089 on: January 06, 2023, 05:58:52 AM
Hello All! Glad to be here.

Sandy

• Extern
Reply #1090 on: January 08, 2023, 10:32:51 PM
Hello, Everyone. I am glad to be here. I've been writing short stories for a long time. Took a pause for a couple years. Returned to it a few months ago and was excited when one of my pieces was a semifinalist for Flash Fiction. I take it as a sign to continue submitting.

Beth HC

• Extern
Reply #1091 on: March 23, 2023, 08:56:54 PM
Hello from the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers!
I thought I was a novelist until I never finished any. Then I decided to write haiku, just to finish something! After that success - even published a few - I'm working up to short stories and hope to submit some here. And listen to more of the wonderful thoughts and authors EA publishes.

And, wow, how hard it is to post. I've been looking for the answer to Title of story in Escape Pod Episode 1 for over 10 minutes. I am not a newbie at searching. Finally found it. You have to have a colon in the search.

Enock

• Extern
Reply #1092 on: October 23, 2023, 07:03:26 PM
Hi. I'm in this crazy jorney to listen to all episodes from EscapePod, Pseudopod, Podcastle and Cast of Wonders. Will I do it in my mortal lifespan? No idea. But it will be fun to try.

datesGrarl

• Extern
    • Optimal Сasual Dating - Authentic Maidens
Reply #1093 on: February 07, 2024, 03:17:20 PM
Casual dating at its finest – join the leading platform for relaxed and fun encounters!
Genuine Damsels
Superlative Сasual Dating