Author Topic: Cabin In The Woods  (Read 8354 times)

Kwisin

• Extern
  • Kwisin Kumdo and Karma Tuning...
on: November 11, 2013, 06:11:33 PM
Come on... did nobody see this awesome piece of work...??? Almost soiled the couch LMAO!!!

If there was awards for...
1. Best BONG ever... story is, the production company spent $5k developing it...
2. Awesome Mythos tie in...
3. Great cameo by Japanese school girls...
4. Great cameo by the mounted wolf's head...
5. Rock'n Merman...
6. Sigourney Weaver... still hot
7. ENDING... though it makes a sequel tough...

Yeah... I'm giving this a big thumb up... way up.. OUCH... toooo far...

Veni.... Vidi.... Velcro...
I came..
I saw....
I stuck around....

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 06:22:58 PM
This is the best horror film I've seen in a decade. Multi-layered and smart with the layers of fan service that covers everything we expect from Joss. If you haven't seen this movie, stop reading this thread and go get it RIGHT NOW. We'll be here when you're done.

My favorite part was during the first watch where the Final Girl is swimming to safety and we think oh hey, she gets to live. Followed with perfect timing by the "Joss will kill everyone you love moment" where she is being mauled while the party goes on in the foreground. And then we're rewarded with another act following this sequence.

Can't make a sequel. The world ended.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:27:33 PM
Yeah, I loved it. But then I'm a Whedon fangirl. :)

My favorite part was the "Every monster ever" scene. The Japanese school girls bit was pretty good too though. :)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:12:10 PM
The comic timing of everything in the third act is glorious.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Kwisin

• Extern
  • Kwisin Kumdo and Karma Tuning...
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:30:46 AM
Action that really rocked...
1. Pretty much lost control of bodily functions when the Merman made the scene...
2. Thor's canyon jump
3. Marty wielding Mighty Joe Bong to whack the Z-bee
4. The Hellraiser homage - the puzzlebox and the sawheaded cenobite
5. and how aboot Marty's reading selection... who doesn't like to get baked  8) and follow Little Nemo in Slumberland?

All I want for Christmas... Marty's Bong!!!!

Veni.... Vidi.... Velcro...
I came..
I saw....
I stuck around....

gunsofchekhovia

• Peltast
  • Part of an imbalanced breakfast.
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Loved it. Loved every single thing about it. I didn't find it scary, but my horror-averse girlfriend did. However, possibly the best piece of genre parody ever. Instant classic.

matweller

• EA Staff
Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 02:07:15 PM
Easily the most fun I've had in a horror movie since Tucker & Dale (which may have come out later, but I saw it first). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/

ungelic_is_us

• Extern
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:00:15 AM
I'm not a huge horror film fan, and I have a love/hate relationship with Joss Whedon, but I have to say I love every minute of this super-awesome movie. I didn't really find it scary, but I *loved* the way the film makes the viewers complicit in the deaths of the victims. So brilliantly done.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 07:43:01 PM
I finally saw it, and loved the whole thing too. The amusing Meta-ness of it really made it for me. That and the Merman  ;D And the Japanese school girls. And the factory environment. Oh, hell. Like I said. The whole thing.

My one complaint seems to be a Joss Whedon issue with violence - people are getting skewered/knifed in the back/blood everywhere, and then they just keep going. (Had the same issue with the end of Serenity - another movie I thoroughly enjoyed.)

stephjo

• Extern
Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 05:07:27 AM
Movie was fun to watch but thought they got carried away in the end. In the end of the movie a big hand pops out hope a sequel comes out as to what happens next.

Megaflow

• Extern
    • Megaflow Graphics
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 09:02:35 PM
This not only tops the list of my favorite horror/comedy movies, it's one of my favorite movies, full stop. I liked it in the theater and have seen it about four times since, with embarrassingly increasing joy each time.