Author Topic: Picoverse  (Read 3725 times)

Kronikarz

• Extern
on: May 23, 2007, 12:18:49 PM
Disclaimer: This *isn't* about the book by Robert A. Metzger

Hello!

I'm conducting something of an experiment. It's called 'Picoverse' and it's sort of a daily webcomic in text form. It's serialized short science fiction, and by that I mean a few paragraphs each day, a few weeks per complete story. The things I want to find out:

a) can very short serialized fiction work, how long should one "episode" be, how often should you update;
b) is user influence possible - as in a regular webcomic, the entire story isn't complete, I just have the outline or "story arc". I want the users to post comments and influence the story, perhaps by giving small ideas, or asking questions that should be answered in the next part.

The main goal is to create a serialized story that can be read on your RSS reader during those few minutes a day when you're not doing anything important.

Mind you, I'm no English genius, I'm not here to make SciFi history, neither by stories, nor by my excellent grasp of the language. I'm a complete amateur who wants to do something fun, and hopes someone will like what he does.

Anyway, I'd love criticism! Tell me what a stupid idea this is, how bad my English is, that this has been done a million times before!

The Link: http://picoverse.blogspot.com/

excuse my bad English -- not a native speaker
my name is pronounced "Crauhneeckaj" - rolling r, last j as in Jacques

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 06:45:34 PM
If you can get it to appear on iPods as well you will have even more readers.

The webcomic "Everything Jake" eventually became a combo webcomic/scifi story.  It seemed to work well, except that the page designer made all the text centered and it was nigh-impossible to read.

I read the first couple of posts... I think I'm going to need a hook pretty soon... right now I'm at the "what's going on" point.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Kronikarz

• Extern
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:58 PM
right now I'm at the "what's going on" point.

Well then, comment on the blog! Tell me what do *you* think is going on! Part of the fun is people interacting.

Kronikarz

• Extern
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:38:08 PM
Okay, I'm stupid. I've just now noticed that there is a The Writing Forum section :/ Can um, someone please move this thread there, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?

Your wish has been granted!
-Bdoomed
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:42:54 AM by Bdoomed »