Author Topic: Half way!!!  (Read 11385 times)

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
    • My website: awesomeology.org
on: May 03, 2007, 09:54:37 PM
Okay, I'm a noob and I know this has probably been done several thousand times but, I feel accomplished damnit so you can suck it.

I listened to my first Escape Pod about a month or less ago. Instantly hooked, I made it my current life's mission to listen to everything ever recorded on EP. EVERYTHING. I just finished EP:51. I'm officially halfway through.

WOOT!

With that said. I'd like to say, my WoW characters are dying and my work production has skyrocketed. aaaand.. I can jump higher and beautiful woman compete to have sex with me. *sigh*  :-[

So here's to EP!!! Thanks for enriching my life!

-Brandt Pileggi
Brandtpileggi@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:39:39 AM by BrandtPileggi »

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:35:47 PM
...I feel accomplished damnit so you can suck it.

Since you're new to the forums, I'll just let you know: the tone of our conversations here are more respectful than this.

..my uncle...he played Skinner on X-Files along with several other things.

Tell your uncle I really liked him in Day Break and I'm sorry it was canceled.  (I watched all of the episodes on the CBS website, though.)

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:49:18 PM
Aww. That's unfortunate. I was REALLY looking to get my Fanboi on! I know right? I LOVED daybreak. He said that my father and I were apperently the only ones watching. Pffft. Nuts to that. Thanks for both comments. The forums may not be the best place for me to participate in, but I'll continue to enjoy reading them  ;D

If I can pull myself away from saying the inappropriate for long enough, I may poke in to say a little something here and there  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:01:07 PM by BrandtPileggi »

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:14:02 PM
I don't want to make you not participate in the forums.  There are all sorts of us here.  It's just saying things like "you can suck it" doesn't start off a conversation well.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 03:49:11 PM
The forums may not be the best place for me to participate in, but I'll continue to enjoy reading them  ;D
Oh, *uck that sh#t!
Kmmrlatham has a point, but we're still pretty accepting (I even started a thread about swearing). When it comes to cursing we try to keep in mind that young'ns read this stuff and we don't want them to show us up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:51:04 PM by Thaurismunths »

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 04:13:07 PM
Um, where was that swearing thread?

slic

• Hipparch
  • Stephen Lumini
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 04:43:45 PM
Um, where was that swearing thread?
http://forum.escapeartists.info/index.php?topic=131.0

Sweet Pregnant Jesus, it's been a little while since anyone posted to it though...

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 03:40:53 AM
Okay. Seems like there may be some room for me here. KM and Thaur, point well delivered. I understand and will keep that in mind ;)

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:06:57 PM
@ 59.5 Paul Bunyan and the photocopier. 'Anyone can Whistle' and 'Shadowboxing' are my favorites this week so far. But maaaan. Do NOT! I repeat, DO. NOT. miss 'Chuckles Mulroony, Attorney for the Damned'

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:46:22 PM
Chuckles Mulrooney was hilarious.  I remember liking that one a lot.  Have you tried out Pseudopod, yet?  Scott Sigler, who wrote "Chuckles" has a story called "Bag Man" that still creeps me out.  And that's only the beginning.  There's tons of good stories there, too. 

Maybe after you finish catching up on EP  ;)

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 09:25:23 AM
jay for chuckles

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 01:08:40 PM
Well. When I finally "catch up" I'm going to run, sobbing and screaming beligerantly into my room and lock the door. After my girlfriend offers chicken tortilla soup for an hour i may let her in. Then I may start listening to PP. (giggles).

It kills me when he says "but he fucked with the wrong guy" in his clown voice. lol.

ClintMemo

• Hipparch
Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 03:54:24 PM
I went through the same thing you're going through about 4 months ago.
Escape pod overload.
Are you hearing DiaKiaju in your sleep yet?

...and Chuckles was fabulous.

Life is a multiple choice test. Unfortunately, the answers are not provided.  You have to go and find them before picking the best one.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 04:32:48 PM
Escape pod overload.

Is that how you spell it?  Hmm.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 04:47:43 PM
Escape pod overload.

Who, Daikaiju?

ClintMemo

• Hipparch
Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 05:08:17 PM
Escape pod overload.

spelling is not my superpower.... :P

Life is a multiple choice test. Unfortunately, the answers are not provided.  You have to go and find them before picking the best one.

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 05:36:34 PM
Escape pod overload.

You know it. Alas, it's driven a wedge between my fiance and I. She doesn't understand how serious the threats of giant monster robots are. Or the proper use of surf music derived thereof. My coworkers think my mind is slipping. I think it's because it may look and sound odd when a guy with headphones on is making 'wah wah' sounds. It's all moot anyway. They'll all perish, ignorantly, under the imploding eye beams from said monsters. *sigh* They will be missed.

Until then, EP is what gets me through the day. I have ADD and have never been able to hold a "real job" for more than 6 months or so, because I start falling asleep or spend too much time learning how to grow avocado trees and start succesful businesses (I ranked in the top 10 of 300+ in frivolous internet surfing. They've failed to send my award, perhaps because I apologized to them and told them that I'd try harder next month. "There's no reason I shouldn't have been #1" I said. They didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.) Well, this all leads to GREAT 'Office Space' moments over the last 5 or so years. So here's to EP, keeping me alert and a productive cog, and its role in keeping my mortgage payments current until I get more properties and retire at the age of 30, leaving me plenty of time to learn how to write better (such is run-on sentences) and of course, get a story aired on EP. By my reckoning, I have 120 years left (+ infinity after my body's unfrozen and recusitated)

Hip! Hip!..

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 03:02:53 PM
:'(

That was an increadibly fulfilling 3 weeks. Before I make my way through a second time I suppose I should check out some others before starting back on my second go 'round. I will say that I am very happy to be in the company of others who have been around since day one or have listened to every story as well.

slic

• Hipparch
  • Stephen Lumini
Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 04:30:25 PM
Perhaps to avoid getting bored with some of the stories, you may want to check out some of the other pod-cast offerings.

There is a thread http://forum.escapeartists.info/index.php?topic=734.0 that lists other podcasts that different members listen to.

I recommend podiobooks - td0013 and Brave Men Run, among quite a few others...

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 05:52:58 PM
I suggest you check out Ancestor and EarthCore by Scott Sigler, and Crescent Vignettes/Crescent by Phill Rossi.

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 08:22:25 PM
Awesome. Thanks! I'm currently listening to some of Mur's stuff on I should be writing. Currently there are 2 deamons arguing over interior decorations of hell. Hilarious! I deffinitely want to check out some of Sigler's stuff and Podiobooks too. Steve mentioned 7th Sun in one of the ep's.

----

Just wanted to throw this in posthumously for future generations that may stumble across this post. Sorry for the spelling. I'm not going to change it however because it makes me laugh.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:22:43 PM by BrandtPileggi »