Author Topic: EP451: The Aliens Made of Glass  (Read 12116 times)

Jax

• Extern
Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 11:05:20 AM
Another of the naysayers here, I just found this bland and boring. If you are going to have a very metaphorical piece I tend to think you need interesting characters to hang it on. Otherwise it's just terribly uninteresting, whatever you have to say. 

I generally dislike the argument "it's worth the effort" it implies that the reader/listener is at fault for not putting in enough effort, being too stupid or illeducated to understand it or being lessor somehow fir not 'getting' a more literary piece.

If I want to study philosophy and have to put in a lot of effort, I'll read a philosophical text. To quote AAaron Sorkin  "An artist's job is to captivate you for however long as we've asked for your attention. If we stumble into truth, we got lucky."  this is the nugget of where it failed for me.

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:41 AM
Escape Pod Forums, you have let me down!   :-\

The end of this story was a real WTF moment for me. But I had great hopes that I would come to the forums and all you fine folks would explain it to me. Turns out, you were all just as confused as I was.

Oh, well. Better luck next time...