Author Topic: premium content?  (Read 2738 times)

wundercapo

• Extern
  • Librarian of the Rare and Well Done
on: July 11, 2014, 08:49:17 PM
So, I saw posted the outtro recently to the Grotto of the Dancing Deer... thanks for that - it was frustrating not to be able to hear it.
I am wondering about premium content. Is there any? I've been a subscriber since near the beginning of the year (through Paypal) and when I read the note about Dwolla subscribers being put on a list and getting content right away, I was wondering if I was missing something. I don't think I've gotten any notice of anything, and have only had access to the normal feed.
If there is someone with Escape Artists that can let me know, please do! I'd be happy to have more great stories, or interviews or whatever to listen to, if they exist.
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:58:37 PM by wundercapo »

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:28:31 PM
Hi!

The premium content was offered as part of the metacast last year. The window for getting it was November if I remember right. If you subscribed then, then you'll either already have the content or we'll be giving DWOLLA and Paypal major side eye and getting it to you. If you subscribed outside that window then you won't be able to get it I'm afraid. We're planning out the next eighteen months or so now and more premium content is one of the things being discussed. Once it's sorted, we won't be shy about telling people:)

wundercapo

• Extern
  • Librarian of the Rare and Well Done
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:34:49 PM
Thanks for the response, Alasdair. No problem -- I didn't think I was getting anything extra, but that outtro text got my hopes up, so I thought I had to check to make sure. I subscribed not for anything extra, but just to support the podcast. Really great stuff, and always looking forward to hearing more. Best from Boston.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:22:54 PM
I'm pleased that I finally made time to view these threads.  I was also getting a little hung up on the premium content thing.  I believe I get reasonably fair value for my $10/month subscription.  I'm hoping that PSEUDOPOD and ESCAPEPOD will have a "B-side" like feed, similar to the Drabblecast.  I'll trust the big-giant-heads at ESCAPE-ARTISTS and I will monitor the boards for announcements.
PS = So far, PayPal in Canada seems to be sending my contributions in a timely manner to Escape Artists.  Question: are other Canadian subscribers getting issues with PayPal?  If so, what are the problems so that I can get the word out...

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.