Author Topic: Escape Pod is Excellent!  (Read 3883 times)

dustinlit

• Extern
on: May 08, 2007, 04:28:58 AM
I just discovered this podcast like 2 weeks ago and became an instant escape pod junkie.  I wanted to drop by and offer some positive feedback.  The readings on this podcast are done with genuine passion for the genre unlike some stuff ive paid for on audible. this is very refreshing.  please keep this podcast going. thank you.

Gherkinman

• Extern
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:25:21 AM
I've been away for a while but now I have returned and I too just wanted to stop by and say: Escape Pod is still awesome.

sgt.rocks

• Extern
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 04:38:54 AM
I read Bova and others 25 years ago, then I quit.

Two Christmases ago I received an iPod.  I thought it was a silly, wasteful gift.  But after 20 years of marriage, I know to genuinely smile and thank my wife.

Shortly after installing itunes, I discovered Escape Pod.  Steve and the Escape Artists have returned me to my roots.  Thank you!

Escape Pod is well produced.  The theme music is fitting and distinct, while encouraging other art forms.  The Mac voice introduction is a hallmark of both non-Windows systems and EP.  Steve's intros and out- tros are often very insightful.  I also like the cross-promotion of other podcasts and products.

I've also started buying SF books again.  In fact, I picked up Year's Best SF 12 and was surprised the first story was on EP: very cool.

Thanks Steve - you are doing a great job!  This is the future of intelligent entertainment, ride this wave as long as you can.

sgt.rocks

"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." Elbert Hubbard