Author Topic: stePH's Music on SoundCloud  (Read 2632 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:19 PM
Hi All,
just a bit of shameless self-promotion here; I picked up a nifty mobile app called Caustic back in April and I've been going nuts with it ever since. I used to be quite a muso back in the early 90s but having no equipment to speak of, other than a bass guitar and an amplifier, kind of put my creative activity in dry-dock for the past couple decades.

Now I'm unleashed. Also I've been gifted a microphone just this month, so I can even do vocals now. I've been averaging about a track per month, and I've got a couple more cover songs in the pipe right now that I hope to have finished by the weekend.

https://soundcloud.com/stephenkarnas

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:54:18 PM
Finished and uploaded those two songs a couple weeks ago. But in the end, it doesn't really matter....  :P

Current project is a cover of "Baby It's Cold Outside" which I can hopefully get my wife to sing the duet part on (If not, I can probably cover it myself; it's based on the Zooey Deschanel/Leon Redbone version and Deschanel's part is actually just within my range.)

And a psytrance version of Metallica's "The Call of Ktulu".

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:59:02 PM
"Night Ride Home"
Words and Music by Joni Mitchell
Performed by Stephen Karnas

What I did with my free time this past weekend. My first recording to use real, non-synthesizer instruments, though technically it's still step-sequenced. I recorded my Chapman Stick and processed the signal through some cabinet-simulators in Caustic for Android (and added some flanging on the bass). Then I added a solo, also on the Stick, played through AmpliTube for iOS.

The crickets are a synthesizer in Caustic; I couldn't find a usable sample on the 'net.