Author Topic: Public Radio Talent Quest  (Read 3494 times)

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
on: May 14, 2007, 03:53:50 PM
There's a joint venture among several public radio companies to stage a contest, with an apparent goal of finding one or more new hosts and shows for public radio. Some substantial cash prizes are involved too.

The contest is in multiple rounds. Round 1 simply asked for a two-minute clip that "shows off your personality." The deadline is today, so I spent a couple of hours this evening writing a two-minute piece ("Eley's Key to Relationships"), producing it, and uploading it.  This clip has nothing to do with Escape Pod or science fiction; I went more general than that.

Of the ten semi-finalists, one will be chosen by popular vote.  If you'd care to listen to my piece and then jump through the hoops needed to vote for it, I'd deeply appreciate it. Especially if you actually like it. 

Anyone else here who's entering this contest -- please post here and let us know about it!  I'd like to hear everyone's.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:21:57 PM
Thanks for the head's up.  You've got my vote, although I also voted for Mur.  But if one of you gets the job, I'll be happy  ;D 

oddpod

• Matross
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:41:53 AM
tiz done my dark master

card carying dislexic and  gramatical revolushonery

Michael

• Peltast
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:51:18 AM
Done.  Easier to get a bridge named after Stephen Colbert though...  ;D

Should we vote against everyone else, too? 

JaredAxelrod

• Palmer
  • 4-Color Hero
    • The Voice Of Free Planetx
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:33:42 PM
Done.  Easier to get a bridge named after Stephen Colbert though...  ;D

Should we vote against everyone else, too? 

No need.  9 of the 10 finalists will be chosen by judges.  It's the tenth that's snagged by the popular vote.

So, um, vote for me, too.

Michael

• Peltast
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:23 PM
Okay, I will. 

Turns out here are 1,311 entrants, so doing a "Tonya Harding" would be impractical anyway. 
 8)