Author Topic: Escape Pod Classic is back!  (Read 8026 times)

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
on: January 21, 2007, 04:44:40 AM
Hey all,

I'll be announcing it on the next Escape Pod, but meanwhile, for anyone who's interested...  EP Classic, our re-feed of the old "family-safe" stories, has been restarted and is already set up for the next few months:

http://classic.escapepod.org

We have a new administrator, Paul Haring, who'll be keeping things updated.  For the next week or so we'll be pushing out stories every couple of days, then it'll fall back to once a week.

For right now, if you have comments on the EP Classic stories, this is the topic for 'em.  If we find that a lot of people are indeed talking about them, I'll make a separate board.

Thanks, and enjoy!

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Ryuujin

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:07:29 PM
Yay! I really like these, as they have a special feel to them. I've been waiting for them to come back for some time, so I'm happy with it :)

Michael

• Peltast
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:56:31 PM
Thanks for the Clarification that that is the "family friendly series" -- I have all three ESCAPE POD Podcasts feeds active on my computer, so sometimes get duplicates. 

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 06:07:03 AM
Is family friendliness the only qualifier for an Escape Pod classic?  Or are they ones that got particularly good responses when the ran the first time?

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:10:25 PM
Is family friendliness the only qualifier for an Escape Pod classic?  Or are they ones that got particularly good responses when the ran the first time?

It's all the ones that we ("we" in this case meaning "Paul") deem could be run on the feed.  More content that way -- plus, many of the early stories barely got any feedback at all compared to these days, so picking favorites would be hard to quantify.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine