Author Topic: Edagawa Rampo anyone?  (Read 5467 times)

misty dawn

• Extern
on: March 11, 2015, 03:22:39 PM
I'm dying to read "The Human Chair",  Shawn...I remember we did have a short email discussion regarding Japanese horror, and this story has to be in my top 3 of said genre. I understand u aren't accepting new scripts until mid April, but I'd be honored if u keep me in mind if and when u decide to use the story.

Btw....although I've been a HUGE fan of the show and donate monthly AND my first ever narration for Pseudopod will premier on Friday the 13th ( how perfect is THAT??), I'm a newbie here...or any forum really. So please forgive the post regarding the above which somehow became a reply to an existing post....not even sure which one....sorry for any confusion.

tripetta

• Extern
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:25:13 AM
Unnnngh. Ranpo. That guy was so damn good. Make you hesitate to relax in bed, he will he will! Be all like, "in the mattress? That makes no sense...but what if..?" Then WHAMBAM, no sleep for YOU!

Calenture

• Extern
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 06:46:02 PM
Unnnngh. Ranpo. That guy was so damn good. Make you hesitate to relax in bed, he will he will! Be all like, "in the mattress? That makes no sense...but what if..?" Then WHAMBAM, no sleep for YOU!

Have you ever read Graham Masterton's short story Bridal Suite? In case you haven't, then I mustn't give anything away... but it was a whole ghastly new slant on The Human Chair.

I gather I'm bumping quite an old thread. My apologies, but finding forums that interest me is more difficult than you'd think, and I tend to respond where I can.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 02:15:45 AM
Thread necromancy is always welcome.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”