Author Topic: Ep500?  (Read 2992 times)

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
on: August 23, 2015, 10:06:25 PM
Hey gang!
True to form, I've been lurking over in PP for the last little while, so I'm better at hiding from shoggoth than I am with time travel paradoxes... but, um... where's Ep500?
Did I miss something?

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:25:25 PM
Indeed, This American Life seems to have lapped EP a couple times since last episode.  Looking forward to the next release, Escape Pod episodes are a highlight of my week! 

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:19:45 PM
I'm not a staff member, but I'm assuming that EP500 has been delayed for rights-wrangling.

Usually big round numbers have been celebrated with a big famous story by a big famous author who may or may not be alive anymore.

This often results in an unclear path to purchasing reprint rights, often dealing with the author's estate or some representative in their family.  Not always straightforward to find the right people or to acquire the rights after that.

This kind of delay has happened for previous EA big-round-number episodes, and that's usually been the explanation.  It's always been worth the wait. :)

Also, in this case, they did ask for whoever to call in and leave Skype messages so I imagine collating and splicing those into something has taken up staff time as well--I don't know if that will be part of ep500 or a separate release.