Author Topic: Big download of all past episodes  (Read 6104 times)

affert

• Extern
on: November 13, 2009, 06:07:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

First off, hurray for PodCastle.  I love the show, and am going back through the past episodes.  Which brings me to my question: is there a way to go through and automatically download all past episodes?  The iTunes store only has the past 39 or so.  I would like to avoid clicking through all the different pages to download them manually.  (Yeah, I'm lazy if I can be).  So here's my question: is there anywhere I can download all of them automatically?

If not, I'll just go through and get them manually, but figured I can't be the first nor will I be the last person to find this after the earlier ones have passed off the end of the iTunes list.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:28 PM
I did them the old fashioned way, directly downloading them all from the Pseudopod site itself.  But I'm computer illiterate enough that the brute force approach was just simply the easiest way to figure out, so it's probably not the best way.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:19 PM
Going through the website is the best way for now, at some point we'll probably create a torrent of old episodes like exists for the other podcasts, but we haven't yet.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:18 PM
I did them the old fashioned way, directly downloading them all from the Pseudopod site itself.  But I'm computer illiterate enough that the brute force approach was just simply the easiest way to figure out, so it's probably not the best way.

Wow, the Pseudopod site has all the past Podcastle episodes?  Well, some of them have been pretty horrible.  ;D

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

affert

• Extern
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:12:10 AM
Going through the website is the best way for now, at some point we'll probably create a torrent of old episodes like exists for the other podcasts, but we haven't yet.

Any news on getting a torrent of old episodes?  (yeah, it's been a really long time since I've been to the forums)