Author Topic: A Hunt for an Old TV Show  (Read 2538 times)

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
on: January 25, 2016, 03:50:44 AM
I am looking for a copy of an old Flip Wilson special, featuring a cousin of mine: science fiction writer and former test pilot Grant Callin.

This is something I'm trying to find for my family history blog, Mightier Acorns. Grant is my 2nd cousin, 1x removed, and while I have yet to meet him, I have made Facebook friends with his brother, his daughter, and his niece. They know about my ongoing blog project to document the descendants of our common ancestor, and when I eventually work my way down the tree to their family, I would like to be able to attach this video - if it is out there on the wild internet.

I know he was on this show, and who the other guests were, because I found this:

I like to think I'm getting pretty good at internet research, but I haven't managed to track down a source or archive that might have an old TV special from the 1970s, but since the same show has Charles M. Schulz and Willie Mays, there ought to be someone out there who thought, "Yeah, I'll save that in case Tad ever wants it."

Any suggestions?

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:41 AM
Baked in an oven? For space research? What?

My google-fu isn't great, but, I am going to try to look into this. I really want to find out why your relative was baked in an oven for space research.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Oh, THAT was for the space program. He was an USAF officer, and they put a lot of volunteers through extreme tests to see what the human body could endure. They really didn't know what to expect when the Apollo missions got to the moon.

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:20:37 PM
Oh, THAT was for the space program. He was an USAF officer, and they put a lot of volunteers through extreme tests to see what the human body could endure.
Kind of like this?

http://www.peepresearch.org/

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising