Author Topic: CoW Ep. 027: My Boogie Man  (Read 2617 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: January 26, 2016, 03:32:36 AM
Episode 27: My Boogie Man by Harley May

Today, we present My Boogie Man by Harley May. You can find our more about Harley at her blog, where she says “I am a writer and reader of many things. I blog about everything: writing, books, movies, music, my husband, three children, and other random things that make me laugh. My parents are from Alabama, but I grew up in South Korea. Essentially, I am a foreigner with an American passport. I love my life. I am a regular contributor for An Army of Erma’s. I have a few things up at Fictionaut.”

Making a welcome return to Cast of Wonders is your narrator, Danielle Daly. Dani is a forecast analyst who works for a pharmaceutical company on Long Island NY, happily married to the love of her life. Their children are hypoallergenic Siberian cats that think they’re puppies. (I wonder how’d they’d get along with my dog, Jake?) Dani loves to read, garden, listen to music, cook and daydream. She says, “Narrating stories is great for someone like me who can’t write well but still burns with a desire to be part of the literary world.”

Click here to listen to Episode 27

Tags: Cast of Wonders, Dani Daly, Fantasy, Harley May, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:02:09 PM by danooli »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:58:46 PM
Listened to this one again this past week. It's so melancholy and sweet. While it plucks similar strings as does Monsters Inc and Toy Story, it remains centered around a weird and complicated relationship. It resonates so well with friendships and relationships from high school and how ephemeral they can be. It also resonates with the generally stumbling and vaguely unhealthy relationships that many have in high school and college provides a clean break.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:18:07 PM
It also resonates with the generally stumbling and vaguely unhealthy relationships that many have in high school and college provides a clean break.

I had never thought of the story in that light before, but it works. It works very well!

This one has always been one of my favorites.