Escape Artists

News:

• The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

News

The Semifinals of the Podcastle flash fiction contest are happening now! Head over to the Arcade and vote!

Author Topic: EP518: Brain Worms and White Whales  (Read 9581 times)

JessyHere

• Extern
Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 04:54:20 PM
So, yeah, I'm about a year behind in my listenership, but I just heard this episode and I found it really funny, so I'm going to comment on it anyway. 

I really like the super-anxious, hypochondriacal main character.  What an imagination!  He reminded me of a character in a novel I read called Further Complications by Bryn Schurman, who had a similar anxiety-induced, overactive imagination.  Come to think of it the character in that book had a druggie friend who encouraged him into uncomfortable situations too.  Is this a trope?  It seems like a relationship that is ripe for hilarity. 

I also like that in the end, his hypochondria becomes a super-power.  You think you can scare me?  I've already imagined this scenario and a hundred worse scenarios!  This one really tickled my funnybone, and had me laughing out loud.  Good show!  I can't wait to find out what else I've missed in the past year. 

CryptoMe

• Hipparch
Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 05:16:21 AM
Okay, I sort of enjoyed it, but had lots of problems with it throughout. As several posters mentioned, I found the first parts jarringly disjointed from the rest. The character's name felt like a dumb joke that refused to die. And the silliness just left me scratching my head.

The narration was top notch, though!