Author Topic: PC Miniature 92: Chatter the Teeth  (Read 3483 times)

Talia

• Muahahahaha
on: November 01, 2016, 05:49:35 PM
PodCastle Miniature 92: Chatter the Teeth

by Kurt Hunt

read by Leeman Kessler

A PodCastle Original!

Mordecai plucked a beetle from the magnolia, crushed it, and sucked the juices from its head. This rejuvenating trick was one of many secrets known to the imperial gardener, but even he did not know everything the gardens hid — that the ivy conspired, the worms gossiped, or that, far beneath the ground, the magnolia’s roots knotted around a skull.

Click here to continue reading.

Rated PG-13.

Kurt Hunt is, in no particular order, a father, a lawyer, a husband, a human, and a daydreamer. Sometimes he writes things, but usually he doesn’t. His fiction has been published by Strange Horizons and others, and is forthcoming in Beneath Ceaseless Skies.

Leeman Kessler is a Nigerian-born American actor who, since 2010, has been performing as HP Lovecraft on stage, film, and in his popular web-series advice show, Ask Lovecraft. He can be heard regularly on his horror podcast Miskatonic Musings. To find out more and to help support Leeman, go to www.patreon.com/asklovecraft.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:26:33 PM by Talia »

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 01:35:38 PM
I liked this one. It was a quick, creepy, bitter little story. I liked Mordecai's slow evolution from human - and humane - to... something else.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:34:55 AM
Loved this. Shades of Vance's Dying Earth which is shades of Clark Ashton Smith's Zothique.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:48:27 PM
I liked this.  I guess I never really thought of gardening as a position of power, but I guess in the right circumstances it is.

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:00:53 PM
This packed quite a punch! Poor gardener can't even get a day off in death....