Author Topic: Can you write like Lovecraft?  (Read 4449 times)

FNH

• Matross
  • F Napoleon H
    • Black Dog Of Doom
on: September 12, 2007, 07:09:28 PM
Have you written a H.P.Lovecraft-like story? If you have, and would like to hear it podcast PM me about it.

I've just started a fiction/history podcast that will be broadcasting the works of Mr Lovecraft and lovecraft-like works.

If you have your own story, I can read it, or YOU can, and it'll go into the podcast.

There's no money in this, it's for fun/the kick/because I can.

http://Cthulhu.myPodcast.com

Mr. Tweedy

• Lochage
  • I am a sloth.
    • Free Mode
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:01 PM
Listened to the first episode.  I dig your reading.  You did a great job sounding terrified, despairing and also like you were really remorseful and disgusted with yourself.  Really good characterization.

...Or do you always sound like that?   ;)

Hear my very very short story on The Drabblecast!

Jim

• HP Lovecraft's 275,892nd biggest fan.
  • Matross
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:15:11 PM
Oh, dear, I might have to take a shot at this. I'm not a great fiction writer, but I might be able to make a passable Mythos story, maybe draw from my years as a "Keeper" in Call of Cthulhu.

My imaginary omnipotent friend is more real that your imaginary omnipotent friend.

FNH

• Matross
  • F Napoleon H
    • Black Dog Of Doom
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:01:40 AM
Oh, dear, I might have to take a shot at this. I'm not a great fiction writer, but I might be able to make a passable Mythos story, maybe draw from my years as a "Keeper" in Call of Cthulhu.

Go for it! 

I'll be reading a couple of my stories at some point, and I'm no Lovecraft, so please dont be afraid to try.

Tip : Use the word Eldritch for that special "Lovecraft feel".  :)

FNH

• Matross
  • F Napoleon H
    • Black Dog Of Doom
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 08:02:27 AM
Listened to the first episode.  I dig your reading.  You did a great job sounding terrified, despairing and also like you were really remorseful and disgusted with yourself.  Really good characterization.

...Or do you always sound like that?   ;)

Your very kind, thank you    ;D

Jim

• HP Lovecraft's 275,892nd biggest fan.
  • Matross
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:04:34 AM
The Call of Cthulhu game book used to have a list of Lovecraft's favorite adjectives. Got to see if the new edition has that as well.

My imaginary omnipotent friend is more real that your imaginary omnipotent friend.