Author Topic: Looking for a story....  (Read 4336 times)

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
on: February 11, 2019, 10:18:45 PM
I don't remember WHICH of the four podcasts it was on, WHO wrote it, WHAT the title was, or WHEN it was posted, so I CLEARLY remember this story extremely well. ;)

It was either an ekphrasis or something similar....discussing the works of an artist over time, or a specific work...it seems like the painting(s) being discussed revealed truths about the artist, and that was the point of the story.

Ring any bells?

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:23:40 PM
Well, not even the general genre? Were the character revelations positive or negative? PSEUDOPOD recently ran "En Plain Air" about a painter...

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:31:59 PM
It was “Girl in Blue Dress (1881)” by Sunil Patel, read by Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali: episode 425 of Podcastle!

(I finally found the note in OneNote that sparked me to remember.)

I'm getting a 404 for the link, though. :( (http://podcastle.org/story-texts/girl-in-blue-dress-1881-by-sunil-patel/)

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:20:40 AM
You can still listen to it, but the story text pages didn't fare well with the site upgrade: http://podcastle.org/2016/07/19/podcastle-425-flash-fiction-extravaganza-transformations/

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

datingmannn

• Extern
    • Premier Сasual Dating - Living Women
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 12:41:16 PM
Make dating stress-free and enjoyable with the best casual dating experience.
Live Women
Optimal Сasual Dating