Author Topic: Please help me find a story  (Read 5394 times)

Shoren18

• Extern
on: June 19, 2020, 05:13:46 AM
I’m pretty sure it’s an Escape Pod story, considering the setting.

The protagonist is a woman who studies Kabbalah & meditates on the names of god. Somehow this has to do with controlling her space suit, or at least, with putting her in the right mindset to control her space suit, which I think is done telepathically? I think she’s working on a space station, or is otherwise investigating one, and her female partner gets injured, I think by an ambush of some kind.

The story is told entirely from the protagonist’s perspective, & mostly its her internal narration of what’s going & what she’s doing. I don’t remember much dialogue between her & her partner or other entities.

Anyway, I was kind of surprised that searching Escape Pod for “Kabbalah”, “names of god”, & even “Rabbi” (I think she mentions a Rabbi at some point in a recollection). I actually thought it was an Artemis Rising piece, especially considering the perspectives in the piece, but I was wrong.

I hope this is enough to jog someone else’s memory! I’m loathe to relisten to the whole feed just to find it... but I will if I have to. I was talking with a Jewish friend about Judaism in sci if & this story came up, & I want to send it along to him so he can enjoy it too. Thanks for your time.

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 01:39:20 PM
You might look on this Wikia list of episodes.  It’s not up to date, but it may be helpful.

https://escape-artists.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Escape_Pod_episodes