Author Topic: PseudoPod 737: Workday  (Read 1158 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: December 26, 2020, 07:34:39 PM
PseudoPod 737: Workday

Author: Kurt Fawver
Narrators: Scott Campbell, Karen Bovenmyer, Chelsea Davis, Graeme Dunlop, Alex Hofelich, Brian Lieberman, S. Kay Nash, Kitty Sarkozy, Kaz, and Timothy Menzel
Host: Alex Hofelich
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“Workday” first appeared in Shadows and Tall Trees 8 which was published by Undertow in March 2020

Show Notes
Reviews by Alex Hofelich for Shadows and Tall Trees 8 from Undertow Publishing and A Carnival of Chimera by Stephen Woodworth from Hippocampus Press.

MEMO

CORIVDAN INCORPORATED

To: All Hourly Employees

Subject: Holiday Party Attendance

Date: Nov. 20, 2018

Please RSVP to the holiday party by Friday afternoon. The event will be held the evening of December 21. Our caterers need an exact count of the number of people attending so that we don’t run out of food and refreshments. We will have a buffet-style meal and an open bar throughout the night. Please remember also that attendance at the holiday party is mandatory for all employees.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you there.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 05:08:21 PM
A belated "Merry Christmas" and an early "Happy New Year" to everyone here at Pseudopod!

Bartok

• Extern
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 10:04:21 PM
Thanks for a great story and an amazing full cast reading!

Sadly, the whispering was completely inaudible for me. Fun idea and really made things creepy... except that I have no idea what was whispered.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 05:30:33 PM
With headphones I was able to discern the whispering alright, but I agree it was a bit tough. There's always the website post itself with the full story text to help you understand what's said!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Álex Souza

• Palmer
  • Just a Latin American lad.
    • Blog
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:42 PM
Great story that keeps you hooked, especially with all the amazing voice acting! I agree with the whispers though: hard to hear them, even with headphones 100%.

My only issue with this is the climax. Or the lack of it. I understand that we should expect the party to be something like that recording, but I still would've loved listening to the actual thing.

I just wanna go pro before AI takes over and the bot dogs from Boston Dynamics kill us all.