Author Topic: Obligatory Intro  (Read 2928 times)

sethanikeem

• Extern
  • I'm just the cook, lad
    • Author Page
on: August 14, 2021, 05:20:47 PM
Hello, all --

It's been a minute since I chatted anyone up at Stokercon, but I finally got around to joining the forums.

Like most here, I am a writer of all things creepy and weird, although I am best known for my non-fiction, like the Dictionary of Demons. I've been reading (and loving) horror since I grabbed a collection of Poe's short stories off the library shelf as a second grader & had to prove to the school librarian I could read it by picking a random page (Cask of Amontillado. That was a mouthful at that age!)

I have been returning to the short form fiction of my early career, back when I edited the Gothic 'zine Shadowdance (1991-1996). The flash fiction contest provided a much-needed spark.

Looking forward to getting to know folks better.

--M
@sethanikeem

The 10th anniversary edition of my Dictionary of Demons is now available! 1700 demon names all in one easy reference book. What could possibly go wrong?

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 12:27:05 AM
Welcome!  Unfortunately, the forums aren't very busy, except when it's time for a flash fiction contest -- but we've got one coming up fairly soon.  Hope you're happy here!

sethanikeem

• Extern
  • I'm just the cook, lad
    • Author Page
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 07:43:39 PM
Not very busy is about the speed I can manage at the moment with all the projects I’m currently juggling.

Hello & well met, either way.

The 10th anniversary edition of my Dictionary of Demons is now available! 1700 demon names all in one easy reference book. What could possibly go wrong?