Author Topic: PseudoPod 772: Flash on the Borderlands LVII: The Loving Gaze of the Abyss  (Read 760 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 772: Flash on the Borderlands LVII: The Loving Gaze of the Abyss

Authors: Chelsea Davis, Evan J. Peterson, and Sarah Turi Boshear
Narrators: Halloween Bloodfrost, Kitty Sarkozy, and Kara Grace
Host: Kat Day
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“Five Films Reviewed by Dr. Frankenstein’s Creature” was originally published in Weird Tales in 2012.

The poem “Advice I Wish I’d Been Given When I Was a 12-Year-Old Girl about to Watch The Exorcist for the First Time”” was originally published in Vastarien Volume 3, Issue 2 in 2020.

“A Short Story in Seven Looks” is a PseudoPod original and is Sarah’s first professional sale

“There’s nothing in our eyes — As lonely as a moon”

I. Little Pine Eye
Pinocchio, 1911

In Collodi’s original tale, the unborn log feels the burn of the scalpello, crying out. Some endure chisel and adze just to look human. We massage the grain to soften it to flesh, but the termites are already in. The nose dry-rots off of the face. Carpenter ants take off with our lips shared in their pincers. Pray, fantoccino, that some blue, asphyxiated fairy will hear your mulch of tears hitting the earth floor and pity you, grant you mortality. Pray to live long enough to die a man. How many paths to that eternal forest fire? Choking on an acorn, or boiling in your own sap, soul divorced from stump, but take comfort. Recall that fire is a miracle, the gift of Prometheus who, like Film, stole light. Fire blasts your shadow into sudden cleansing drama, a flood of shine into a darkened wood.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?